Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A modem-router for BT broadband, which protocols doest it uses?

Options
  • 05-07-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi guys I have a 24mbps BT adsl broadband connection.
    As I want to buy a new modem router, I wanted to know which protocols (annex a, annex b etc etc..) the modem-router needs to support as I didn't find an answer looking on google.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

spupazza wrote: »
    Hi guys I have a 24mbps BT adsl broadband connection.
    As I want to buy a new modem router, I wanted to know which protocols (annex a, annex b etc etc..) the modem-router needs to support as I didn't find an answer looking on google.

ADSL2+ aka G.DMT 992.5. Annex A refers to the normal phone line system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adsl2%2B

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annex_A

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭spupazza

Thanks for the reply, as I will maybe buy the modem-router from a german shop which sells annex A and annex B router, which type should I be looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭spupazza

Thanks for the reply, as I will maybe buy the modem-router from a german shop which sells annex A and annex B router, which type should I be looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Annex A.

Germany uses ISDN by standard and DSL services which let you keep ISDN (annex B). eircom remove ISDN services and downgrade you to POTS (regular analogue, Annex A).

Komplett.ie, Dabs.ie etc may be better value.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

spupazza wrote: »

Annex A normally. Annex B refers to ISDN.

• Advertisement
Advertisement