Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are magnets upload speeds?

Options
  • 05-07-2009 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I'm finding the magnet site hard to follow. What are magnets upload speeds? Apparently I'm in an area with Fibre to the home.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think their fibre speeds are symmetrical, the same for upload as they are for download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

and the other services?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Boston, try asking in here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't know I'm afraid. There is a magnet forum here, you could ask them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Coola, if a moderator could move the thread, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Boston wrote: »
    I'm finding the magnet site hard to follow. What are magnets upload speeds? Apparently I'm in an area with Fibre to the home.

It Depends on how much speed you want and where you are, for our FTTH customers (all very new estates) it works out like this;

2Mb down 2Mb up
    4Mb down 4Mb up
    8Mb down 8Mb up
    24Mb down 8Mb up
    50Mb down 8Mb up

For ADSL2+ areas it works like this
    10Mb down 512Kb up
    24Mb down 512Kb up

Advertisement