Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the ormond multimedia

Options
  • 05-07-2009 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

just wanted to know does anyone know where i can get a copy of the last night of the ormond?? bein tryin for ages now n havin no luck:(
    also wanted to hear peoples memories of the place, i used to go there all d time n i miss it so much, there is just no clubs around anymore like the ones from back in th 90's!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 rexx le gaff

xxjaynexx wrote: »
    just wanted to know does anyone know where i can get a copy of the last night of the ormond?? bein tryin for ages now n havin no luck:(
    also wanted to hear peoples memories of the place, i used to go there all d time n i miss it so much, there is just no clubs around anymore like the ones from back in th 90's!!!

i have the original tapes which i bought in abbey discs around 12 years ago as soon as they came out, vol 1 & vol 2, but would be way 2 time consuming to record them into the computer and upload them, go into the oldskool/asylum section on the site and im sure at this stage in time somone as taking the time out to up load them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xxjaynexx

hey,yeah been on that loads but they all seem to be old n outta date n d links don't work anymore, thanks anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 rexx le gaff

xxjaynexx wrote: »
    hey,yeah been on that loads but they all seem to be old n outta date n d links don't work anymore, thanks anyway:)

send a private mail to the people who uploaded the last link and im sure they will upload it again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

From page 173 on The Asylum thread..
    End of an Era - Last Night of the ormonde
    DJ Orbit, Ken O'Flanagan & DJ Pressure <SNIP>

MOD: Lads you know you cannot share links to Copyrighted material anywhere on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

The last nite of the ormond was a gud nite but overall it wasnt a true reflextion on the venue as the ormond hosted some of the biggest names in techno and other styles, i seen carl cox was the most packed i ever felt in a club,dave clarke,scan x and so many other dj's and acts, it was indeed a special venue :cool:

• Advertisement

derra wrote: »
    From page 173 on The Asylum thread..
    End of an Era - Last Night of the ormonde
    DJ Orbit, Ken O'Flanagan & DJ Pressure <SNIP>

MOD: Lads you know you cannot share links to Copyrighted material anywhere on boards.

I am aware of the copyright issue.
    But surely the Last night recordings were not officially released and commercially available were they :confused:
    top shelf bootleg in Abbey Discs i reckon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

considering the ormond is gone and so is abbey discs, i think you should be ok.

Táck wrote: »
    considering the ormond is gone and so is abbey discs, i think you should be ok.

The link to the mix has been removed which is why i was curious about whether it was an official release or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

DUB1 wrote: »
    The last nite of the ormond was a gud nite but overall it wasnt a true reflextion on the venue as the ormond hosted some of the biggest names in techno and other styles, i seen carl cox was the most packed i ever felt in a club,dave clarke,scan x and so many other dj's and acts, it was indeed a special venue :cool:

agree 100% The Ormond Multimedia Centre was one of the all time greatest clubs in Ireland,ive never been there where there hasn't been a great atmosphere, i had some of the best ever nights out there and went there religiously for years. :)

where else in ireland would u get pot holes in a club:P
    and a shop sellin lolli pops, cool pops chewing gum, alll d essentials for a good night:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭geckotime

Or monged out junkies shoutin' - "Go fasta bud, go fasta" at the djs"?
    Some brilliant nights though; two highlights being Autechre and Bandulu.

do u remember d magic rounabout??
    i just remember the guys walkin around on stilts n thought i was seein things:D
    an then the fire breathers:O
    they put on proper shows sometimes, u wouldn't get dat now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

i have the original tapes which i bought in abbey discs around 12 years ago as soon as they came out, vol 1 & vol 2, but would be way 2 time consuming to record them into the computer and upload them, go into the oldskool/asylum section on the site and im sure at this stage in time somone as taking the time out to up load them.

no 1 on the asylum thread has part 2 beieve me man ive tried time and time again, only part 1 is floatin about. any chance you could up part 2 4 us? ive been lookin 4 it 4 years now ever since my tape was stroked. its a hard 1 2 find, not on the internet anywere.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

I'm sat here in my office listening to this very set on CD player :D

"the final night the end of an era, 4 years of music ,4years of DJ's , the end of an era ....lets continue"

...love the intro,just brings ya right back....ahhhh Nostalgia aint like it used to be ;) ...

Live, Love n Laugh in Peace Love n Unity.......Rave on!

es-cee wrote: »
    no 1 on the asylum thread has part 2 beieve me man ive tried time and time again, only part 1 is floatin about. any chance you could up part 2 4 us? ive been lookin 4 it 4 years now ever since my tape was stroked. its a hard 1 2 find, not on the internet anywere.
    cheers.

Did ya manage to get hold of these Es? or is it still rarer than rocking horse ****e?

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Did ya manage to get hold of these Es? or is it still rarer than rocking horse ****e?

nah got it man cheers, just lookin for an ID or 3 off it now lol. check the asylum thread if ya wanna have a bash mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭/\ NIGHTFLIGHT

can someone PM me the link ?

can someone PM me the link ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=268391&page=703

N-Joi!!! 700+ pages of heaven!!

as for the link for the LNATO .....shake ya tune tin ....someone will sort ya out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andy jackson

EarlERizer wrote: »
    I'm sat here in my office listening to this very set on CD player :D

"the final night the end of an era, 4 years of music ,4years of DJ's , the end of an era ....lets continue"

mmmmmmm wonder who said that ?

hi guys , sorry to drag up an old thread , but was sitting here searching for things i knew .......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXPBX7Sc0js is what you are all looking for .

my apologies if we are not supposed to post liks here ..........

andy jackson .

good man andy, good to have ya on board mate.

• Advertisement

mmmmmmm wonder who said that ?

hi guys , sorry to drag up an old thread , but was sitting here searching for things i knew .......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXPBX7Sc0js is what you are all looking for .

my apologies if we are not supposed to post liks here ..........

andy jackson .

:D Alright there Andy ......thanks for accompanying me into town this morning......always good to have ya along when i'm out n about!! :D
    Respect !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 will25-m

Anyone have vol 1 and 2 on tape if you do can you let me know and copy them to tape or il meet up and do it i can get them put on cd and do it for free its costs alittle bit to put on cd by pros but il pay for it please

Will d'ya not have the facility to download to pc from links then burn to CD?? would be easier n more affordable if ya had, the links are available on the asylum thread mentioned in this one.....dare say you'll find anyone with the actual tapes m8 , alot of peeps been asking n lookin for years...as i said earlier in this thread .....rarer than rocking horse ****e!!

....and sure you'd love the asylum thread anyway, it's a cracker of a thread!!

Advertisement