Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 on TV ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Imagine being a college wrestler and seeing this across from you :eek:

wwf-offer.jpg

Amazing!! And imagine Randy, a guy who can fight at 205 seeing that accross the ring, knowing he can punch and kick you too...............

ragg wrote: »
    ah yeah, its not natural. but ****in hell :eek:

Good to see him in a sport like this though, one that requires him to actually fight - I'm a big boxing fan, but i've been getting sucked into mma a lot lately.

I've always been a huge Boxing fan, but got into UFC (and MMA in general) around the start of the Zuffa era and there's no comparison between the 2.

You just gotta look at the fights on the UNDERCARD tonight to see the value UFC cards give you compared to Boxing shows with just an interesting Headline fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Yeah, I think that's the issue, boxing has maybe 10 marquee names at the minute - UFC almost everyone is a star.

although boxing has a a few big prospects at the minute & quite a few Irish contenders :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It's the core of a conversation i was having with someone in this thread.

And not with you.

Instead you just throw :rolleyes: around.

In a thread about UFC 100 on TV?

You lads should read the charter btw.

Yeah, I think that's the issue, boxing has maybe 10 marquee names at the minute - UFC almost everyone is a star.

although boxing has a a few big prospects at the minute & quite a few Irish contenders :cool:

Yeah, there's something special about a huge fight (How about PacMan v Floyd? Should be awesome) but when you have guys coming up (Amir Khan for instance) they line up fall guys and journeymen in order to build up these young fighters.

In the UFC that (almost) never happens. Just look at Brock, first fight in against a former champ in Mir?

Another thing about boxing which annoys me is the likes of the analysis after the Khan v Prescott fight. Jim Watt says "What was he doing in the ring with a dangerous fighter like Prescott?".... er, defending his belt against the no.1 contender?

Silly!

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    In a thread about UFC 100 on TV?

You lads should read the charter btw.

So :rolleyes: and comments about cutting weight are on topic too? How about talking about your Betting on UFC, even though there's another thread for it?

Why don't you just stop trolling and let us have a conversation?

So :rolleyes: and comments about cutting weight are on topic too? How about talking about your Betting on UFC, even though there's another thread for it?

Why don't you just stop trolling and let us have a conversation?

I wasnt talking about that I was talking about rule 8.

I wasnt talking about that I was talking about rule 7.

No advertising?
    If you're talking about roids, wasn't he once arrested for possessing them? http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/lesnarmug1.html

Look man, i've seen the other threads. We know you like to show you know beter than everyone, maybe that's true, but maybe it's not.

Back on topic, i'm liking watching the Greatest 100 fights in the build up to 3am

No advertising?
    If you're talking about roids, wasn't he once arrested for possessing them? http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/lesnarmug1.html

I meant Rule 8

He was never charged and those supplements were legal. Not only that but he never failed a drug test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

I wasnt talking about that I was talking about rule 8.

YUCK - I'm off to chat about tonight on another forum - stuffins, nice to chat to you, rovert, not so much

• Advertisement

YUCK - I'm off to chat about tonight on another forum - stuffins, nice to chat to you, rovert, not so much

ragg i know the feeling, talk to ya again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

I'm trying to watch this event on Setanta on the Eircom website but I cant get it working. It says i'm watching two streams at the same time which I'm not. Anybody got any suggestions? Getting kinda worried here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

I'm trying to watch this event on Setanta on the Eircom website but I cant get it working. It says i'm watching two streams at the same time which I'm not. Anybody got any suggestions? Getting kinda worried here!

have ya tried the ufc website its airing live on that too?

have ya tried the ufc website its airing live on that too?

Thats $44 and if I can get it on Setanta for free I will

Thats $44 and if I can get it on Setanta for free I will

Are you sure? It's supposed to be free for viewers in the UK and Eire?:confused:

Are you sure? It's supposed to be free for viewers in the UK and Eire?:confused:

yea its free for uk and ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

if you have the racing channel its free on that 433 on sky

You mean I can watch it live on the ufc website for free then? How does that work?

You mean I can watch it live on the ufc website for free then? How does that work?

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=misc.ComPlayeruk

"United Kingdom and Ireland UFC fans can watch UFC® 100 LIVE FREE-OF-CHARGE on this player. It is also airing free-of-charge on television on Sky 433 in the UK and Setanta Ireland" first line under the player and then read down for how to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I just thought I'd let people know that UFC Top 100 fights IS airing on Setanta Ireland so UFC 100 WILL.

I know it was confirmed, but just to settle the speculation that continued even after the confirmation.

• Advertisement

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=misc.ComPlayeruk

"United Kingdom and Ireland UFC fans can watch UFC® 100 LIVE FREE-OF-CHARGE on this player. It is also airing free-of-charge on television on Sky 433 in the UK and Setanta Ireland" first line under the player and then read down for how to use it!

Man thats awesome, thanks for the heads up, you guys rescued my night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

thank god they are showing it on 433 i was so nervous waiting till 9 tonight to see if it would be on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

This is great . Free UFC on a free channel. I've only got the top 8 countdown though.

For the Telecom Eireann stream go here : http://setanta-video.eircom.net/eircom/channels/Live.aspx

It's not great quality as it's a bit small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

This Mir/Lesnar video package is hilarious. Lesnar's coming off like a conspiracy theorist . "I guess Mazzagatti was in Mir's house the night before having dinner or something.... I wanna punch his moustache off his face". Hah, very well done :p:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    This Mir/Lesnar video package is hilarious. Lesnar's coming off like a conspiracy theorist . "I guess Mazzagatti was in Mir's house the night before having dinner or something.... I wanna punch his moustache off his face". Hah, very well done :p:)

The countdown show is hillarious I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Mossy Monk wrote: »

I've spent the last five minutes laughing at Mir and his camp.

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Across the board especially Hendo/Bisping

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

yeah lesnar is seriously pissed off at mir. and mazagati. "mazagati is a ****ing dickhead" class. but even though i like mir i think he is going to get his ass kicked

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Three minutes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

Three minutes :)

30 seconds :D

Advertisement