Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 on TV ?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

im just happy i got to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Does the same TV arrangement stand for the next UFC?
    Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Does the same TV arrangement stand for the next UFC?
    Anyone know?

Doubt it.

They'll have their proper deals in place by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Axwell wrote: »
    Because to the best of my knowledge 433 isnt available on NTL so there wouldnt have been a choice but to watch it on Setanta...

Fair enough, don't know anything about NTL as its not available out my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Will this be repeated any time over the next week.
    missed it due to oxegen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Carroller wrote: »
    Will this be repeated any time over the next week.
    missed it due to oxegen...
    Its being shown in 20mins or so on setanta ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Simply Red wrote: »
    Its being shown in 20mins or so on setanta ireland

If i knew where you lived i would kiss you...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0715/setanta1.html

Hmmm, if they can afford to show 33 premier league matches, then maybe there's hope for continuing UFC coverage on Setanta Ireland yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

I'd say it depends on what this "home run" deal they have lined up for the UK is and whether that will be the same as here. If that involved Channel 5 for example Setanta will probably keep the rights for Ireland because we can't get it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There was something in yesterday's news update on F4WOnline.com about them being close to a deal that would put them on a "regular tv channel" in the UK. Perhaps it's just Americans unsure what a regular tv channel is over here, but I'd take that to mean one that airs on cable. Hopefully not Channel 5...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Virgin 1 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sorry, it was in the Observer, not the news update, and it was phrased as there being negotiations for a major tv upgrade on a regular tv channel

I was talking to a lad from Setanta last night and he said the UFC 100 deal was a one off. He thinks Sky are getting it, maybe with ESPN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Setanta Ireland would be awesome!!!

Do ye think they need the more exposure of "free" TV over here (including the UK)? Or would a subscription channel be better for them like the Setanta UK deal ? Are we in agreement that a PPV box office scenario is bad ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

PPV simply means a lot of people will go back to downloading events.

I think it's WAY to early for them to consider going PPV over here, there just isn't the audience for it yet. I'm sure they intend to give it 5 years or so of free TV to build the audience and then go PPV. Zuffa are in this for the long haul, they know that going PPV now might get them more money in the short term, but in the long term it'd put a cap on their potential audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I think it's WAY to early for them to consider going PPV over here, there just isn't the audience for it yet. I'm sure they intend to give it 5 years or so of free TV to build the audience and then go PPV. Zuffa are in this for the long haul, they know that going PPV now might get them more money in the short term, but in the long term it'd put a cap on their potential audience.

I agree.
    It took the WWF about 13 years on Sky Sports before their first PPV in 2002. I only mention them because Dana mentioned them before from a marketing point of view.

Advertisement