Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 on TV ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Its a big decision for them. Channel 5 would get them great exposure in the UK. But would be a disaster for irish fans.

If sky sports would take in seriously then the coverage could be great, but they wouldn't be long putting it on pay per view.

Virgin could be good. It would feel like a backward step going back to bravo, smells of defeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im puttin my money that TG4 will get the rights :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

"Agus ta Georges Mac Pierre ag dul le haghaidh an takedown! Ach tugann Alves buile sa phus do. Ta se phuckailte anois!"

That would be epic:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Someone just posted on Sherdog that this will be on Setanta Ireland. Can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

Got the below mail last night on facebook. It better be on Virgin 1 or I will open up a can of woop ass.......... and download it the next day:P

For those of you in the UK who don't have 'Virgin 1', and for those of you who don't want to pay $50, here are a couple of links.

This is the most reliable site that I know for MMA streaming. You have to sign up, but it's quick, FREE and easy; only an Email address, username and password are needed. Once you've obtained access to the site, UFC 100 *should* be aired on Channel 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

cheers Keith
    I bet ya its just games they're playin - wan kers
    tryin to build it up and all that - and here we are all takin the bait and chattin about it - if they said it'll be on freeview for Irish and UK fans then it will be - nuf said

course if something happens and its not on Sat night then there will be war - plain and simple - in fact I'll seriously consider boycotting the sh1t out of all further UFC events.......who's with me??
    ....ahem......anyone?......right fine I'll just watch it on the net and stop moaning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

soretoe wrote: »
    course if something happens and its not on Sat night then there will be war - plain and simple - in fact I'll seriously consider boycotting the sh1t out of all further UFC events.......who's with me??
    ....ahem......anyone?......right fine I'll just watch it on the net and stop moaning

What it has shown is that they dont care for there fans, there such a bad company and i'd love if Affliction took over from them!

The way they try to monopolize MMA makes me sick.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

cowzerp wrote: »
    i'd love if Affliction took over from them!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

And my local cornershop will be taking over from Tesco and Dunnes next week too. Ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What it has shown is that they dont care for there fans, there such a bad company and i'd love if Affliction took over from them!

The way they try to monopolize MMA makes me sick.

Did Sherdog buy boards or something today? Everyone chill the **** out and stop being so reactionary.

I can’t believe anyone would call UFC a bad company and point to of all things Affliction as a saviour. How can you say that this shows that they don’t care about their fans when they are trying to sign a deal where fans in both the UK & Ireland can see it live?

UFC monopolised MMA by actually showing financial sense (a foreign concept for most MMA companies including Affliction) and simply out promoting them on a card to card basis.

Liger take a few days off for your pointless joke of a reply, and Rovert any more smart comments about me been like a sherdogger when your acting like a ufc fan boy and you will be joining him.

UFC are no better than any other company who bully there employees and try to monopolise the sport, Affliction was just an example, i'd just like to see genuine competition.

Rovert, you think its ok that they mess about with there fans and keep them out of the loop? and you think there doing you a favour getting it on! thats doing them a favour as they'll look like right idiots if there 100th show is not aired, they could at least say there in further negotiations or anything to appease fans!

Liger take a few days off for your pointless joke of a reply, and Rovert any more smart comments about me been like a sherdogger when your acting like a ufc fan boy and you will be joining him.

I’m not a UFC fan boy. Please explain how I am acting like one?
    UFC are no better than any other company who bully there employees and try to monopolise the sport, Affliction was just an example, i'd just like to see genuine competition.

Surely Strikefore is a much, much better example. Sorry but pointing to Affliction makes you come across as someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about.
    Rovert, you think its ok that they mess about with there fans and keep them out of the loop? and you think there doing you a favour getting it on! thats doing them a favour as they'll look like right idiots if there 100th show is not aired, they could at least say there in further negotiations or anything to appease fans!

How are they messing their fans around the guaranteed that the event will be shown live it is just a matter of where is still being negotiated. EVEN if they wont reach an agreement it will be shown on Bravo. So but UFC are bending over backwards to get UFC 100 shown. Again chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

If it is not on the tv just download it........ Simple.

If it not on the tv over hereit has not a lot to do with the UFC it is up to the tv stations to agree a fee. It is up to the UFC to get the event on tv for the exposure and to stop people gitting pissed at them.

I worked on the UFC event in Dublin and loved it. Pay not bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

Dont you think your throwing your mod weight about a little here? - this is a good example of my mods should consider not moderating forums they are active in posting

so someone makes a joke about you wanting affliction to take over the ufcs position - they didnt insult you personally, just compared (accurately) that to being akin to a corner shop going after a major chain like tesco - its a fair comparrison - seriously mate, chill

cmb. wrote: »
    Dont you think your throwing your mod weight about a little here? - this is a good example of my mods should consider not moderating forums they are active in posting

so someone makes a joke about you wanting affliction to take over the ufcs position - they didnt insult you personally, just compared (accurately) that to being akin to a corner shop going after a major chain like tesco - its a fair comparrison - seriously mate, chill

That sort of behaviour is what turns on here into a joke like sherdog, it ruins a good forum that in general has been hassle free.

Its nothing to do with personal anything, its just ridiculis and childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

cmb. wrote: »

It would be no harm to bring back that lad from the Pro-Wrestling forum, he was a level-headed mod IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Hang on here...Did you suspend someone for taking the mick out of you? Where in the rules of the forum does it say you can't take the mick out of a mod. God complex much? Sorry Cowzerp but your the one that is being childish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That sort of behaviour is what turns on here into a joke like sherdog, it ruins a good forum that in general has been hassle free.

Its nothing to do with personal anything, its just ridiculis and childish.

I can see your point on this , given the original topic of the thread it would be the last thead on here id expect a row to break out :confused:

Ok lads so its cool to post a million ha ha's on a thread adding nothing to the thread we're dealing with now.

If i was been all god complexy or whatever i would give all you's questioning the mods infractions which is also out of order, is it not common sense that we dont want this sort of posting on a good forum.

This is your forum and us mods are trying to keep it free from pointless posting, Rovert questioned me on the subject without posting millions of ha ha or anything so did not get warned..

Get back on topic please and take it to feedback if you've any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Rovert questioned me on the subject without posting millions of ha ha or anything so did not get warned..
    Rovert any more smart comments about me been like a sherdogger when your acting like a ufc fan boy and you will be joining him
    ?

Edit by cowzerp
    Official warning with infraction is what i meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't know how anyone can actually give out about the UFC in this situation. It's not their fault Setanta went bust. They have promised it will be broadcast live to UK & Ireland, but still have to work out what channel. What's the point of an update if they have no new information?

I don't know how anyone can actually give out about the UFC in this situation. It's not their fault Setanta went bust. They have promised it will be broadcast live to UK & Ireland, but still have to work out what channel. What's the point of an update if they have no new information?

Or giving any more information when it may jeopardise negotiations or adversely effect UFC's leverage in said negotiations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

rovert wrote: »
    Or giving any more information when it may jeopardise negotiations or adversely effect UFC's leverage in said negotiations.

Yeah, it seems reasonable to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Gary Don

well thats good news isnt it , says ireland only on there though.
    Free for me as i have ntl , do folks have to pay to get setanta ireland on sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Gary Don wrote: »

If this is true, it's probably only a one off as all other UFC programming has been removed from Setanta Ireland.

If this is true, it's probably only a one off as all other UFC programming has been removed from Setanta Ireland.

Yes clicking ufc at the bottom you get this http://www.setanta.com/ie/Recycle-Bin/UFC/

You could be right there Chopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It puts an end to the whole who will be showing it debate anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

Advertisement