Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 on TV ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I can see some sky people complaining as not being able to sky plus it as its an added channel, its UFC100 watch it LIVE.

I'll be down in parents so going to set my ntl dvr to setanta ireland in dublin and hopefully watch live in parents on sky, worst case scenario rush back to dublin early to watch. Even worse case i'll download it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Channel 5 is not on Sky Digital is it? If so, where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

gimmick wrote: »
    Channel 5 is not on Sky Digital is it? If so, where?

It can be tuned in along with a host of other channels. Downside is you cannot Sky+ it. Better than not having it at all though. Tuning information can be found here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

so is it on setanta ireland here and on channel 5 in uk.

that was a stupid move giving it to sentanta to show for the last time. they should have givin it to virgin 1 and let them show it all the time

im sure more people watch ufc on virgin 1 that do on setanta.

i wont get to watch it unless i can tune in channel five or it is on virgin 1

No one has been announced for the UK yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

roakey wrote: »
    so is it on setanta ireland here and on channel 5 in uk.

that was a stupid move giving it to sentanta to show for the last time. they should have givin it to virgin 1 and let them show it all the time

im sure more people watch ufc on virgin 1 that do on setanta.

i wont get to watch it unless i can tune in channel five or it is on virgin 1

If you have Eircom Broadband you'll get Setanta Ireland on the laptop with good quality. Not ideal I know but drastic times call for drastic measures:D

JokerD wrote: »
    If you have Eircom Broadband you'll get Setanta Ireland on the laptop with good quality. Not ideal I know but drastic times call for drastic measures:D

how do you go about that, i have my pc at home with eircom broadband. what do i have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

Lads I'm away this weekend in the UK and probably won't get to see it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is channel 5 widely available in the UK or even online? Why can't I record it on Setanta?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Anyone know if it will be repeated on either channel?

J-Fit wrote: »
    Lads I'm away this weekend in the UK and probably won't get to see it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is channell 5 widely available in the UK or even online? Why can't I record it on Setanta?

Channel 5 is anywhere in the UK that has digital tv and not as widespread on analogue but nobody has announced that five will be showing UFC 100 yet. I do think it is disgraceful that they are leaving this to the last minute before announcing anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Channel 5 is anywhere in the UK that has digital tv and not as widespread on analogue but nobody has announced that five will be showing UFC 100 yet. I do think it is disgraceful that they are leaving this to the last minute before announcing anything

They're still trying to work out a deal and they want as many people to watch their anniversary program as possible. If you want to blame anyone, you should probably blame Setanta for going belly up and causing this in the first place.

roakey wrote: »
    how do you go about that, i have my pc at home with eircom broadband. what do i have to do

http://sports.eircom.net/setanta/
    Go to here and hit on Live in the left hand corner and whatever is on Setanta Ireland at the moment is viewable here;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

Think it's on Setanta 1 in Ireland

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Our-Sports/UFC/

I think so, check the date on this announcement:

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Customer-Info-Articles/UFC-100-LIVE-on-Setanta-Ireland/gnid-58017/

UFC 100 LIVE on Setanta Ireland
    8 July 2009

Setanta Sports will broadcast UFC 100 live from Las Vegas this weekend.
    Setanta Sports will broadcast UFC 100 live from Las Vegas this weekend. The live fight action begins at 3am in the early hours of Sunday morning (Saturday night) on the Setanta Ireland channel. UFC 100 is the biggest event in mixed martial arts history and the Ultimate Fighting Championship is bringing out the big guns for the night. Two championships will be on the line as UFC heavyweight title holder Brock Lesnar defends his crown against rival Frank Mir and UFC welterweight champion George ‘Rush’ St-Pierre puts his belt up for grabs against Brazilian knockout artist Thiago ‘Pitbull’ Alves. In one of the most anticipated fights of the night, the Ultimate Fighter coaches will also collide as Dan Henderson faces Michael ‘The Count’ Bisping in a pivotal middleweight showdown. Irish UFC fans can see this premium event, which takes place at the Mandalay Bay Events Centre in Las Vegas, live on Setanta Ireland. Gohere for details on how to subscribe to Setanta or call 0818 20 30 40. For further information: Julianne McKeigue @ Setanta Sports – 01 474 4958

Just checked the Sky Guide and it is now advertised on Setanta Ireland at 3am(available in Ireland only). This has changed since last night, so if this is the case the link I posted above will have it.BTW Double click on the screen for fullscreen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

Thanks for that. I guess you just have to know where to look and have a bit of patience.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that. I guess you just have to know where to look and have a bit of patience.

Thanks again.

No bother, enjoy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

So can I Sky+ it on Setanta?

J-Fit wrote: »
    So can I Sky+ it on Setanta?

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

cmb. wrote: »
    Dont you think your throwing your mod weight about a little here? - this is a good example of my mods should consider not moderating forums they are active in posting

Exercising one's power's as a Moderator as Paul did isn't throwing his weight around. Someone postins HA x 50 times over is taking the piss out of the forum and its a Moderators job to curtail that. IMO it was a good call on Pauls behalf.
    Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    It would be no harm to bring back that lad from the Pro-Wrestling forum, he was a level-headed mod IMO.

Paul was chosen because people had faith, and continue to do so, in his abilities to moderate this forum - your opinion wasn't sought because quite frankly it doesn't count for much.
    Hang on here...Did you suspend someone for taking the mick out of you? Where in the rules of the forum does it say you can't take the mick out of a mod. God complex much? Sorry Cowzerp but your the one that is being childish.

First off the guy was suspended for taking the piss out of the forum. Second, no where does it say you can't take the mick out of a Mod, but more than one person here could be suspended for arguing a Mod's decision outside of the helpdesk. But as a Mod Paul can also exercise his power's of descretion, IMO he's done that admirably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

Exercising one's power's as a Moderator as Paul did isn't throwing his weight around. Someone postins HA x 50 times over is taking the piss out of the forum and its a Moderators job to curtail that. IMO it was a good call on Pauls behalf.

well, im going to agree to dissagree with you. I dont see how the guy was "taking the piss out of the forum" - as you put it. I genuinely think it was an overreaction & a personal response

also the hanging threat of suspenibng others for "argueing a mods decision" is unwaranted and its a public forum and i do see it as legitimate to debate the manner in which it is moderated - and as far as i can see, we are all doing so in a respectful manner

but we area all entitled to our own views & thats my two cents on the issue and i will leave it at that

cmb. wrote: »
    also the hanging threat of suspenibng others for "argueing a mods decision" is unwaranted and its a public forum and i do see it as legitimate to debate the manner in which it is moderated - and as far as i can see, we are all doing so in a respectful manner

Although this is a public forum, freedom of speech isn't a guarantee and you'll find that taking an issue with a Moderator to the HELPDESK will be alot more constructive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Stay on topic guys.

Any queries relating to modding are best handled through PM, or other channels.

I didn't read above. Ignore this post I had about UFC 100 being on the EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Paul was chosen because people had faith, and continue to do so, in his abilities to moderate this forum - your opinion wasn't sought because quite frankly it doesn't count for much.
    lol :D What with me being vastly more experienced in MMA than the majority of posters here I can see why that would be the case alright. :rolleyes:

I’ve no issue with Paul being a mod btw, I just think the pro-wrestling lad (can’t think of his name) was good.

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    lol :D What with me being vastly more experienced in MMA than the majority of posters here I can see why that would be the case alright. :rolleyes:

I’ve no issue with Paul being a mod btw, I just think the pro-wrestling lad (can’t think of his name) was good.

I agree with you, he was excellent - he also came here with a wealth of moderating experience, but he was once a green horn too.

As regards your MMA experience and opinion, only moderator's opinions were sought in choosing Paul, nothing personal against you at all.

Anyway this is right off topic and I apologise to D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

your opinion wasn't sought because quite frankly it doesn't count for much.
    As regards your MMA experience and opinion, only moderator's opinions were sought in choosing Paul, nothing personal against you at all.
    :eek: Somebody needs to get their story straight...

So is this on setanta or what?

maybe you should both take your bickering into the helpdesk, this isnt a thread about who is a bad mod or not etc it is about ufc 100, so if we could keep it on that.

• Advertisement

So is this on setanta or what?

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Customer-Info-Articles/UFC-100-LIVE-on-Setanta-Ireland/gnid-58017/
    Setanta Sports will broadcast UFC 100 live from Las Vegas this weekend. The live fight action begins at 3am in the early hours of Sunday morning (Saturday night) on the Setanta Ireland channel. UFC 100 is the biggest event in mixed martial arts history and the Ultimate Fighting Championship is bringing out the big guns for the night. Two championships will be on the line as UFC heavyweight title holder Brock Lesnar defends his crown against rival Frank Mir and UFC welterweight champion George ‘Rush’ St-Pierre puts his belt up for grabs against Brazilian knockout artist Thiago ‘Pitbull’ Alves. In one of the most anticipated fights of the night, the Ultimate Fighter coaches will also collide as Dan Henderson faces Michael ‘The Count’ Bisping in a pivotal middleweight showdown. Irish UFC fans can see this premium event, which takes place at the Mandalay Bay Events Centre in Las Vegas, live on Setanta Ireland. Gohere for details on how to subscribe to Setanta or call 0818 20 30 40. For further information: Julianne McKeigue @ Setanta Sports – 01 474 4958
    posted 8 july

Advertisement