Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 on TV ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Snakeblood wrote: »
    http://www.setanta.com/ie/Customer-Info-Articles/UFC-100-LIVE-on-Setanta-Ireland/gnid-58017/
    Setanta Sports will broadcast UFC 100 live from Las Vegas this weekend. The live fight action begins at 3am in the early hours of Sunday morning (Saturday night) on the Setanta Ireland channel. UFC 100 is the biggest event in mixed martial arts history and the Ultimate Fighting Championship is bringing out the big guns for the night. Two championships will be on the line as UFC heavyweight title holder Brock Lesnar defends his crown against rival Frank Mir and UFC welterweight champion George ‘Rush’ St-Pierre puts his belt up for grabs against Brazilian knockout artist Thiago ‘Pitbull’ Alves. In one of the most anticipated fights of the night, the Ultimate Fighter coaches will also collide as Dan Henderson faces Michael ‘The Count’ Bisping in a pivotal middleweight showdown. Irish UFC fans can see this premium event, which takes place at the Mandalay Bay Events Centre in Las Vegas, live on Setanta Ireland. Gohere for details on how to subscribe to Setanta or call 0818 20 30 40. For further information: Julianne McKeigue @ Setanta Sports – 01 474 4958
    posted 8 july

So are we all saved? I take it they couldnt falsely advertise this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

I wouldn't have been that upset if it was not on TV - I think there has been WAY better UFC cards then we were gonna see at UFC 100.

Still though, considering I bought Setanta only for the UFC I'm glad I'm at least getting what I paid up for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Richie_Gorey

Does coverage start at 3 or is that the time of Lesnar v Mir?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Does coverage start at 3 or is that the time of Lesnar v Mir?

The show starts at 3. Lesnar vs Mir is a five round fight, so it should be starting around 5:15 I think

RNCFAN wrote: »
    I wouldn't have been that upset if it was not on TV - I think there has been WAY better UFC cards then we were gonna see at UFC 100.

Still though, considering I bought Setanta only for the UFC I'm glad I'm at least getting what I paid up for.

Why would anyone using an MMA forum not care if it was shown?!:confused:

That's like saying you didn't mind if your favourite football teams cup final wasn't shown because the previous rounds were good and you didn't think it would be a good final...... i don't undertstand your logic here:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

RNCFAN wrote: »

Theres been better cards on paper but doesnt mean theyre actually gonna be better cards in reality.
    94 was a better card on paper cause of the st.pierre vs penn fight compared 95 but IMO 95 pissed all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The level of retarded comments and questions and bickering is at an all time high in this thread!! :cool:

Anyway. Glad to see we are sorted now. Sky plus is set. I wonder what the long term plan for UFC is now. Fair play to them for sorting out this for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Oasis44

Surely its still going to be shown on Virgin or Bravo or else how will the UK fans watch it..........they cant access sentanta programming anymore as far as I know??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Why do I have a feeling that I will be up at 3 in the morning looking at Setanta Ireland and no UFC 100?

Is there anywhere else where we can get it confirmed 100% that 100 will be shown on Setanta Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Oasis44 wrote: »
    Surely its still going to be shown on Virgin or Bravo or else how will the UK fans watch it..........they cant access sentanta programming anymore as far as I know??????????

Even if it is, they can block the signal to Ireland while it is being shown. Channel 4 does it in the mornings with certain shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I found this on Sherdog Forums

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/ufc-100-will-setanta-ireland-live-1008527/

Guy says he rang Setanta to cancel cuz of no UFC, they said UFC100 will be on Setanta Ireland Saturday night.

Would be rotten to stay up and find out signal blocked or something, would be enough to throw a telly out a window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Why do I have a feeling that I will be up at 3 in the morning looking at Setanta Ireland and no UFC 100?

Is there anywhere else where we can get it confirmed 100% that 100 will be shown on Setanta Ireland??

The Sky EPG. I am sure they are not allowed to update their EPG with programming they do not have the right to show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

sheehy83 wrote: »

dont worry it will there, i just checked the listings og sky, and it was under setanta ireland at 3am live. not on any other setanta channel.

i think they were talking bout channel 5 for the uk. but i dont know if that is confirmed or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

but IMO 95 pissed all over it

I wouldn't go that far....the highlight was of 95 was Koscheck getting knocked out, nothing out sticks out as being memorable....or comes close to watching BJ getting schooled after all his talk.:D

GSPfan wrote: »
    The level of retarded comments and questions and bickering is at an all time high in this thread!! :cool:

I agree. And the next one will get a ban :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Given that there are two possible five rounders and coverage on Setanta is only scheduled for three hours, how much of the rest of the card do you think we will get to see?

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Given that there are two possible five rounders and coverage on Setanta is only scheduled for three hours, how much of the rest of the card do you think we will get to see?

I don't see either title fight going the distance tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Good question about the time limit but surely they can recoup the 12 minutes that the show would run longer by just cutting out some talking in between fights. I don't think it'll go off air at the 5th round of the Heavyweight fight! :eek:

The Ultimate Fighter finale and WEC41 have been my favourite MMA events in a long time. UFC haven't delivered much this year for me. Too many Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight fights for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Aren't UFC going to lose alot of potential revenue here because it's not PPV? Fair play to UFC for keeping their Irish fans happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

How much is setanta ireland now that all the other setanta channels are gone? I have sky digital with sky sports but really wanna see these fights.

Not paying 2 much for setanta now though if all i wanna see on it is the ufc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

theranother way as i found out, if you are an eircom broadband customer you can watch sentanta ireland online live, so you can actually watch it live on the net on the ericom site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

roakey wrote: »
    theranother way as i found out, if you are an eircom broadband customer you can watch sentanta ireland online live, so you can actually watch it live on the net on the ericom site.

I used this service alot before for watching matches on a saturday but it started to become very unreliable and in the end i wouldnt even bother trying as more often that now it wouldnt work.
    Not sure if this is still the case but i wouldnt be relying on it. Anyway i got rid of eircom cause there robbin ba5terds, got vodafone broadband now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I couldn't see many people going on eircom's site to look at this at 3am! I doubt many people know about it either, go for it!

creggy wrote: »
    Aren't UFC going to lose alot of potential revenue here because it's not PPV? Fair play to UFC for keeping their Irish fans happy.

It was never PPV here except for the Albert Hall show I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's also totally free on NTL even on the most basic package :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Ok. Is this definitely on Setanta Ireland so? 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I just contacted Setanta to be sure. 100% it is on Setanta Ireland.

Mod edit- Not helpful Mossy, there is enough confusion in this thread already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    No it wont be on Setanta Ireland at all. All the information given here is wrong.

Could you elabourate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭rossedge

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    No it wont be on Setanta Ireland at all. All the information given here is wrong.
    ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Could you elabourate?

now whats going on? or was that a take the pi$$?

Advertisement