Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 on TV ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    No it wont be on Setanta Ireland at all. All the information given here is wrong.

it is on setanta ireland, it is on the sky guide as being on and i asked setanta themselves to make sure, dont listen to mossy monk, i dont know what he has heard, but it is on.

ive checked online listings, talked to setanta and checked the sky guide with remote and all of them say it is on

here is the proof, if one pic wasnt enough here is another

03:00 Live: UFC 100
    Available in Ireland only. Live from Las Vegas, where two belts are on the line, as heavyweight Brock Lesnar faces Frank Mir and welterweight George St-Pierre battles Thiago Alves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I was joking. The information has been posted here 1 million times.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

It was never PPV here except for the Albert Hall show I think.

ufc 45,46,47 were on ppv on setanta - they tried to go that route but needed 10,000 buys per event to make it work but were only getting about 6,000 then ufc 70 was def on ppv and i think 72 might of been as well

gareth davies has posted this on his news page:

The news many fans have been waiting for.

It’s official. Right here.

I can reveal that UFC 100, from the Mandalay Bay Resort, will be live and free on UK television - it will show free to air on satellite channel 433 and ALSO will be streamed free onto UFC.com on Saturday night for 9 hours, a marathon stint, between 9pm and 6am. It , and will show a programme of the 100 greatest fights in UFC history, followed by the Countdown show, followed by the live event.

Enjoy. Tell all who need to know. Send them this link. You heard it here first. More details to follow…

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/garethadavies/100000455/exclusive-ufc-100-will-be-9-hour-live-tv-marathon-free-to-all-in-the-uk/

- so it looks like its a done deal with espn - was hoping it wouldnt be a premium channel - oh well - at least it will be cheaper than setanta and hopefully they can match setantas boxing coverage which was quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

No it wont be on Setanta Ireland at all. All the information given here is wrong.

Information can easily be wrong, especially on a forum. As I said previously, I contacted Setanta during the week and they said they definitely hadn't got it. So it can quite easily change, can't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

we get no countdown show on Setanta Ireland no?

callaway92 wrote: »
    we get no countdown show on Setanta Ireland no?

we get a 9 hours - the 100 fights countdown (6 episodes) the countdown show and the event on 433 (the racing channel)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

cmb. wrote: »
    gareth davies has posted this on his news page:

It’s official. Right here.

and ALSO will be streamed free onto UFC.com on Saturday night for 9 hours, a marathon stint, between 9pm and 6am.

Does this mean we can see the prelims live online???

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

can anybody please just name every possible way to view ufc 100 saturday night ? thanks :)

gimmick wrote: »
    Does this mean we can see the prelims live online???

no - the only way of watching the prelims is if you pay for the online ppv - then thy are giving the prelims away free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

cmb. wrote: »
    ufc 45,46,47 were on ppv on setanta - they tried to go that route but needed 10,000 buys per event to make it work but were only getting about 6,000 then ufc 70 was def on ppv and i think 72 might of been as well

Yup 70 was definately ppv on Setanta. Nations Collide - Crocop v Gonzaga. Think it cost me 18 or 20 quid. Will always remember it for ironic headkick KO reasons. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Information can easily be wrong, especially on a forum. As I said previously, I contacted Setanta during the week and they said they definitely hadn't got it. So it can quite easily change, can't it?

I posted after the EPG was updated so I fail to see your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 stubell

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/2526253/UFC-100-UK-channel-is.html

Sky Channel 433 apparently. I assume this is available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

It is on setanta,it isnt on setanta,its on 433 its on ESPN,its on the racing channel WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody know where the UFC is on for defo??
    im none the wiser where to catch UFC100 since the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

stubell wrote: »

is that ppv or free my goodman .

I'm lead to believe it's free.
    It's the former Racing channel or something.
    433 for Sky subscribers and Setanta Ireland for NTL sufferers

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Straight from the horses mouth,now you cant argue with that can you.I can feel the stress lifting from my shoulders

lol.
    I agree. There is a definite element of relief.
    Gotta clear the Sky Planner now, get rid of all the garbage the missus records!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

lol.
    I agree. There is a definite element of relief.
    Gotta clear the Sky Planner now, get rid of all the garbage the missus records!

LOL. I know what you mean. I have to do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

Cheers for the update, looking forward to this. No drinking on Saturday though or else i'll miss the whole thing (again!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Happy Days :pac:

So will my Sky + be able to record CH 433 ?

Hope its not one of those dodgy ones that doesnt allow it :eek:

Can't tell ya. Not 'til I get home anyway.
    All my info is from the aul interweb.
    Now you have me worried again tho.....tempted to leave early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

I know... been worrying bout this one myself since they were saying it might be on '5' and you cant use the Sky + record features on that channel :eek:

I'm in Cork at some poxy do... so HAVE to record it !!

Well, it's definitely not in the "Other Channels" section.
    I know that for sure.
    It's in the 'gen-pop' of sports channels. Still listed as Racing World
    and nothing is in the Sky TV Guide as yet.
    In laws are visiting us this weekend so recording it is a must for me too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

What a night for my birthday, happy days !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    Happy Days :pac:

So will my Sky + be able to record CH 433 ?

Hope its not one of those dodgy ones that doesnt allow it :eek:

yes
    not showing up yet on the planner however
    but u can always do a manual recording

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

davestar wrote: »
    can anybody please just name every possible way to view ufc 100 saturday night ? thanks :)

this is everyway possible to watch ufc 100 at the moment.

http://sports.eircom.net/setanta/ live and free on the eircom site if you have eircom broad band, just click live and wait a few moments

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm live and free on the uk ufc site

sky channel 433 it is the racing channel or something

sky channel 418= setanta ireland at 3am

as far asim aware that is everywhere you can watch it. but i think it covers everyone.

just a small note i just checked the channel 433 and it isnt put onto the sky guide yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Drink some beers Saturday night and stay up to watch UFC..... fall asleep around 7am and wake up at 12pm Sunday ..... Go out to the pub for 2 hours and then make my way in to Croker for Dublin v Kildare. Then back to the pub to fall asleep in the corner. Its going to be a great weekend.

Took Monday off work! Training on Tuesday will be hard.

Advertisement