Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 on TV ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Does anybody know if you need to be a Setanta subscriber in order to view in Ireland (got a baaaaad feeling!!) You just know Ch. 433 won't be made available to Irish viewers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you need to be a Setanta subscriber in order to view in Ireland (got a baaaaad feeling!!) You just know Ch. 433 won't be made available to Irish viewers!

Well I have Chorus, not subscribed to Setanta but I do have Setanta Ireland. Maybe just a deal with Chorus packages??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Channel 433 will be FTA so you will be able to watch it.

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Here's hoping anyway. I just have a feeling 433 won't be made available in Ireland.

FTA means it will not be encrypted. They wont be able to block it.

• Advertisement

FTA means it will not be encrypted. They wont be able to block it.

Thanks Mossy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

433 is the racing channel no?

gimmick wrote: »
    433 is the racing channel no?

Your right, but for one night only (or 9 hours) its the UFC channel! According to the sun newspaper anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Just turned on 433 there now as it was scheduled to show racing today from 11pm and it is encripted. Will we have to have a sub to setanta to watch it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dirt mcgirt

Can anybody confirm that Irish sky viewers will be able to watch it on channel 433 which we also have?
    Dont have setanta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

There are two pages listed on the ufc site stating that UFC 100 will be completly free of charge on the uk one. On the irish one there is no mention of it been free of charge. I have a bad feeling about this as well.

UFC® 100 TO AIR LIVE IN UKFANS CAN WATCH ON SKY CHANNEL 433 OR ON UK.UFC.com

London, England – UFC 100, the biggest mixed martial arts event in history, will be televised live on multiple platforms in the United Kingdom this coming Saturday, July 11, the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organisation has confirmed.

British UFC fans have two ways of experiencing the greatest night in mixed martial arts history live: on Sky Channel 433 and online at UK.UFC.com. Fans will be able to catch all the action from the biggest fight night of the year completely free of charge.

As an exciting bonus to British fans, Sky Channel 433’s UFC 100 coverage will begin at 9pm, Saturday, as a 9-hour UFC marathon gets underway with all five episodes of the ‘UFC’s Top 100 Fights’.

This will be followed by the official ‘Countdown to UFC 100’ program which then leads into 3am, where the spotlight turns to Las Vegas, as the biggest MMA show of all time goes LIVE.

UK fight fans unable to join the televised action on Sky Channel 433 need not worry, though, for they can also catch every punch, kick and submission at UFC 100 by logging on to UK.UFC.com.

Included on the historic UFC 100 card are UFC Championship battles between heavyweight juggernauts Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir and welterweight wrecking machines Georges St. Pierre and Thiago Alves.

Plus, Ultimate Fighter(R) coaches collide as British superstar Michael ‘The Count Bisping and former PRIDE champion Dan Henderson throw-down in a middleweight showdown.

Beyond UFC 100, there are further exciting announcements in the pipeline for British UFC fans.

UFC® 100 TO AIR LIVE in EIRE and N IRELAND on Setanta Ireland
    BIGGEST

SHOW IN MMA HISTORY TO BE BROADCAST AS PART OF 9-HOUR UFC MARATHON

London, England – UFC 100®, the biggest mixed martial arts event in history, will be televised live on Setanta Ireland in Eire as well as Northern Ireland this coming Saturday, July 11, the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organization has confirmed.

The live action gets underway from 3am in the early hours of Sunday (July 12) morning and Setanta Ireland will broadcast full main card action from the Mandalay Events Center in Las Vegas.

And to celebrate the biggest fight night of the year, Setanta Ireland’s coverage will begin at 9pm, Saturday, for a nine hour UFC marathon.

As the hours tick down to UFC 100, Setanta Ireland will run five episodes of the ‘UFC’s Top 100 Fights’. These unique insights into the history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) will be followed by the official ‘Countdown to UFC 100’ show, acting as the ideal appetiser ahead of the main course at 3am.

Included on the historic UFC 100 card are UFC Championship(R) battles between heavyweight juggernauts Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir and welterweight wrecking machines Georges St. Pierre and Thiago Alves. Plus, Ultimate Fighter(R) coaches collide as British superstar Michael ‘The Count Bisping and former PRIDE champion Dan Henderson throwdown in a middleweight showdown.

With the recent announcement of ufc 100 airing on sky channel 433 for uk viewers and setanta Ireland for the irish, for those of us without setanta will we also be able to watch on channel 433 seeing as its the same racing channel as uk viewers have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That isn't too clear....so is it on 433 in Ireland?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I'm just going to check the channel when racing is due to be on to see if it is shown or not. I've a feeling regardless of what anyone says we'll just all have to stick it on at 9.00 on Saturday and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

i was wondering the same, but you can watch it on the net if the channel doesnt, on the ufc uk site are showing it free and the eircom site show setanta ireland if you have eircom broadband.

i checked the listings for setanta ireland and it doesnt mention aything about shouwing 5 episodes of the top 100 fights, it just has the show starting at 3am, nothing else, i dont see why we cant watch channel 433 when it is a free to air channel

roakey wrote: »
    i was wondering the same, but you can watch it on the net if the channel doesnt, on the ufc uk site are showing it free and the eircom site show setanta ireland if you have eircom broadband.

yeah but why have cotton when you can have silk

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

It's not listed on the Sky Planner, I think it will only be on Setanta Ireland. I bet loads of people were stung after cancelling Setanta too early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

This is a bit weird isn't it ? The Setanta Ireland channel is (essentially) a throwaway thing that replaced the Eurosport spot from the Cablelink days I think. Have the UFC just let Setanta Ireland show it to placate the Irish fans and let us see it ? If so then it's a good move to keep Ireland in the loop.

not lookin good, channel 433 was due to broadcast racing tonight startin at 11pm but if you go to the channel its saying you need to subscribe to setanta to view. so much for fta.
    No way Im subscribing to setanta for one event, so much for giving it free to all the dedicated uk AND irish fans.
    Really had my hopes up for this one too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

not lookin good, channel 433 was due to broadcast racing tonight startin at 11pm but if you go to the channel its saying you need to subscribe to setanta to view. so much for fta.
    No way Im subscribing to setanta for one event, so much for giving it free to all the dedicated uk AND irish fans.
    Really had my hopes up for this one too

:mad::(

why not just plug out the sky boxes and watch Setanta Ireland on the normal channels?

i reckon the best thing we can do is bombard the sky customer service email for ireland, asking will 433 be broadcasting for free and demanding that it should

http://www.sky-tv-offer.co.uk/ireland/contact-us.asp

lets let these bastards know we want 433 for free, if we all send one mail to them ya never know
    http://www.sky-tv-offer.co.uk/ireland/contact-us.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

It's not listed on the Sky Planner, I think it will only be on Setanta Ireland. I bet loads of people were stung after cancelling Setanta too early.

Guilty!

Give them a chance to update the EPG. Racing World will be showing UFC 100 free for everyone. That is according to the UFC themselves.

Channel 433 is currently encrypted as they cannot show horse racing free of charge. It is very easy to remove encryption. The UFC does not happen until tomorrow night and the UFC says it will be free for everyone. If it is encrypted then how can it be free for everyone. Everyonew should relax and turn on channel 433 tomorrow at 9pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Now EVERYONE shut up :pac:

so going by that clip, the only way we are gonna get to watch it is by streaming live on the ufc site, unless u are subscribed to setanta. that is a balls man, i guess we just have to hope that when we turn on the channel at 9.05pm that the 433 is not encrypted.

• Advertisement

roakey wrote: »
    so going by that clip, the only way we are gonna get to watch it is by streaming live on the ufc site, unless u are subscribed to setanta. that is a balls man

Have a read of the last few pages of this thread and nothing like you just said was mentioned in the clip :rolleyes:.

Advertisement