Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 on TV ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

This is getting out of control. :D
    Perhaps this thread needs to be locked with the final post containing all the confirmed details on the ufc site. everything else is just speculation, contradiction and paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Its not that complicated, if you have Sky Digital (no ntl not even the basic) UFC will air for free on channell 433.

if you have an ntl basic package, analogue or digital it will be shown on ntl channell 401 or 105.

in other words uk and non ntl sky digital custoemrs can watch it live on channell 433 and irish viewers with at least an NTL basic package (14 or so channels)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

big syke wrote: »
    Its not that complicated, if you have Sky Digital (no ntl not even the basic) UFC will air for free on channell 433.

if you have an ntl basic package, analogue or digital it will be shown on ntl channell 401 or 105.

in other words uk and non ntl sky digital custoemrs can watch it live on channell 433 and irish viewers with at least an NTL basic package (14 or so channels)

Perfect. End of thread. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

big syke wrote: »

so irish viewers with sky digital and no setanta sub will get to watch it on channel 433?

I got an email from the UFC this morning saying this will be shown on Sky channel 433 but it has in brackets after it (UK only) and that Irish fans can watch it on Setanta Ireland. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

That's brutal now if it's not shown on Channel 433 in Ireland as well. Setanta are not going to have the nine hours or so of it on. They'll only have the actual event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

I got an email from the UFC this morning saying this will be shown on Sky channel 433 but it has in brackets after it (UK only) and that Irish fans can watch it on Setanta Ireland. :confused:

Someone deleted my first post but as I said IF this happens you can trick your sky box into thinking it is in the Uk by taking your viewing card out, unplugging your box for a minute and turning it back on without the viewing card in. You then get the Uk channel list, without RTE and including UTV ect.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dirt mcgirt

when channel 433 is broadcasting its usual racing crap its a subscription channel, does anyone know if the uk also need to subscribe or do they recieve it free?
    If they also had to subscribe itd make me a little more optimistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

when channel 433 is broadcasting its usual racing crap its a subscription channel, does anyone know if the uk also need to subscribe or do they recieve it free?

Yes they do need to subscribe. The channel in question does not hold the rights to show free horse racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dirt mcgirt

Mickk wrote: »
    Someone deleted my first post but as I said IF this happens you can trick your sky box into thinking it is in the Uk by taking your viewing card out, unplugging your box for a minute and turning it back on without the viewing card in. You then get the Uk channel list, without RTE and including UTV ect.

interesting, just tried that and it works, but does your skybox eventually get wise to whats happened cause itd need to last 9 hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

That's brutal now if it's not shown on Channel 433 in Ireland as well. Setanta are not going to have the nine hours or so of it on. They'll only have the actual event.

setanta have it on from 9 in the listings so it looks all good. Bloody terrible all the stress this event has caused. im really excited about it but also worried i somehow wont get to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

rovert wrote: »

FFS , England ? Streaming live to England ? What the feck about Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ?

Oh and he didn't mention us :mad::mad:
    Another thread another day another rant I suppose.

The confussion is :
    Irish people with SKy digital don't know if they'll get the event on their Channel 433 and not everyone has NTL. That needs sorted.

If you have NTL's basic package with the 15 channels (RTE, BBC, CH4, Sky1, E4, Discovery, Sky News, MTV, Living etc.) then you'll have Setanta Ireland. The old "cablelink" package as I call it.

Free UFC on Setanta Ireland will be deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Yea im going to a house warming on saturday and i suspect it will be going on til the next day so ive recorded setant ireland from 4pm until 7am the next morning so i dont miss a god dam thing.A bit worried about my birds reaction when she finds out ive deleted about 2 weeks of emerdale and ramsays kitchen nightmares!::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    FFS , England ? Streaming live to England ? What the feck about Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ?

Oh and he didn't mention us :mad::mad:
    Another thread another day another rant I suppose.

The confussion is :
    Irish people with SKy digital don't know if they'll get the event on their Channel 433 and not everyone has NTL. That needs sorted.

If you have NTL's basic package with the 15 channels (RTE, BBC, CH4, Sky1, E4, Discovery, Sky News, MTV, Living etc.) then you'll have Setanta Ireland. The old "cablelink" package as I call it.

Free UFC on Setanta Ireland will be deadly.

I heard a 'rumour' that setanta are offering subscription of 5 /6 euro a month if you subscribe,i think they lost alot of business through the loss of the premiership matches and the UFC that theyre offering highly discounted subs fees!! maybe worth getting it for a month or 2 and cancelling afterwards,its a cheap and definite way of seeing UFC100

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

rovert wrote: »

I might be over doing it here but he is actual footage of Dana doing that rant above. He is clearly pissed off with it all.

http://video.telegraph.co.uk/services/player/bcpid3347407001?bclid=1326159103&bctid=29012753001

There is some interesting videos at the bottom of the link too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

davmol wrote: »
    I heard a 'rumour' that setanta are offering subscription of 5 /6 euro a month if you subscribe,i think they lost alot of business through the loss of the premiership matches and the UFC that theyre offering highly discounted subs fees!! maybe worth getting it for a month or 2 and cancelling afterwards,its a cheap and definite way of seeing UFC100

Its not a rumour, i got 3 months at a 5er a month and also got setanta in the 2nd room aswell as part of that!

not bad eh! now i can watch ufc in bed aswell as downstairs, pity the woman hates MMA!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

Mickk wrote: »

Wow, that works! I seem to have the UK FTA channels. Lost the ability to record on the sky box (expected) but I still have a VCR. Leaving it like this for a few hours to see how long it'll last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It should last until you put your card back in. I dont know why you do that though as the channel on number 433 of the UK EPG is the exact same channel on 433 of the Irish EPG. If and that is a very big IF, let's say they do encrypt channel 433 so it is blocked in Ireland then you actually need a UK card to view it. Doing what you are doing now will not encrypt a UK only broadcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LimerickBhoy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Here's hoping anyway. I just have a feeling 433 won't be made available in Ireland.

I have this bad feeling as well. However channel listings on sky guide in the uk havent updated either. I cancelled setanta sports i dont want to subscribe again, heres hoping 433 WILL BE ON in Ireland??
    Anybody anymore info on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Insanodude

I have this bad feeling as well. However channel listings on sky guide in the uk havent updated either. I cancelled setanta sports i dont want to subscribe again, heres hoping 433 WILL BE ON in Ireland??
    Anybody anymore info on this??

Be sick if it aint on 433! seriously need some clarification if its going to be encrypted ... im getting nervous and also have a bad feeling :(

• Advertisement

I know how you feel. Hear Dana is getting some stick in England off people with a virgin box, sure its better than them paying $50 that they do in the USA....

Yea i know there a load saying they just got the virgin box for setanta for the ufc and now that setanta has crapped itself there going mental lol. The ppv in america is mad too .. i like the ufc but i aint payin $50 to see it ... id much prefer if channel 433 showed it for free lol

Insanodude wrote: »
    Yea i know there a load saying they just got the virgin box for setanta for the ufc and now that setanta has crapped itself there going mental lol. The ppv in america is mad too .. i like the ufc but i aint payin $50 to see it ... id much prefer if channel 433 showed it for free lol

well insanodude, just checked tv listings for CH433 and it looks like we're in!! Check it out, please God it'll work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Everyone is looking for confirmation of this and that. You'll have confirmation at 3.00am on Sunday morning. Don't waste your time trying to get "confirmation" off someone on here.

UFC100 says (Ireland Only) on Setanta Ireland but doesn't say (UK Only) on the Racing Channel. So chill out till 3.00am and in my OPINION you'll be able to watch it on 433.

yea i suppose, GSP to rule the world, this will be his toughest test yet GSP fan...loved the way he bitchslapped BJ!!!

Happy days :) thats great news man! they finally updated the listings ... we'd be severely unlucky if it didnt work now lol!
    All i gota do now is get a few beers and experience 9 hours of excellence eh? :D

Happy f*cking days, LESNAR GSP AND BISPING to win enjoy....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Happy f*cking days, LESNAR GSP AND BISPING to win enjoy....

I'm hoping for the exact same thing! :) Getting excited now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

hi guys Im just wondering is it worth subscribing to setanta, I mean if its only €5 a month ? Will Setanta def be showing all future UFC PPVS??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

heymayo wrote: »
    hi guys Im just wondering is it worth subscribing to setanta, I mean if its only 5 a month ? Will Setanta def be showing all future UFC PPVS??

Setanta definitely won't be showing all future PPVs. This is a once off solution that the UFC has taken to ensure that it airs while they continue to negotiate other tv deals

Advertisement