Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 on TV ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dirt mcgirt

not gonna happen lads, were gonna be sittin there at 9pm watchin 433 and as soon as we see 9.03 roll around and its still encrypted well all get depressed and end up rendering ourselves infertile from having the laptops on our laps watchin the stream for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

not gonna happen lads, were gonna be sittin there at 9pm watchin 433 and as soon as we see 9.03 roll around and its still encrypted well all get depressed and end up rendering ourselves infertile from having the laptops on our laps watchin the stream for so long

lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

its on tomorrow night!!!

afatbollix wrote: »
    its on tomorrow night!!!

I want to believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You do that. I will watch it on Setanta Ireland in that case.

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    You do that. I will watch it on Setanta Ireland in that case.

no way am i subscribing to setanta for one event chief, ya have to send them a letter to cancel, thats nuts.

I didn't suggest that you should subscribe. Why would I when I handed in a cancellation request myself a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

I didnt have to go through all that 'send in cancellation notice 'plava,i gave my credit card details and they took the subscription fee from that every month,when i wanted to cancel i called up the customer serive number and they cancelled it there and then and allowed me to keep watching until the end of the period i subscribed for which ,thanks be to jaysus, is the 20th of this month which means ill be UFC100 in the comfort of my own home wihtout the stress of all this channel 433 boll1x

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tis great with it being on Setanta Ireland now, UFC 99 was a double bonus on early and on Setant Ireland, but I suppose one is enough. Anyway anyone know roughly what times each fight is suppose to be on at, wanna be home for the last 3 fights of the main card and well I'll be in town.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well it doesnt start till 3am so chances are once you are home by 4-4.30 am you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Axwell wrote: »
    Well it doesnt start till 3am so chances are once you are home by 4-4.30 am you should be fine.

Ye that's what I was thinking myself, leave town at 3.30 be home by 4, should be time enough I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Tis great with it being on Setanta Ireland now, UFC 99 was a double bonus on early and on Setant Ireland, but I suppose one is enough. Anyway anyone know roughly what times each fight is suppose to be on at, wanna be home for the last 3 fights of the main card and well I'll be in town.

4 could be too late if you want to watch the three main fights. With all the build up and 2 5 round title fights its gonna b a tight schedule..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

So what channel is it on? I'm confused :confused:

Virgin 1 or Setanta? Prob a different one . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

It's on Setanta Ireland which is part of NTL's basic tv package that you don't even need a digital box for.

It's also on Sky digital channel 433 which is some racing channel or something but no one knows yet if Irish sky digital people can get it but there's some info where you can trick the box into thinking it's in the UK (ironic or what?!) by taking out the card and turning it off or something.

It's also going to be streamed on the UFC site live for free but no one knows if it's only for UK ip addresses, ie does that include Ireland ?

As far as I know it's only the main programme that's on Setanta Ireland here. The UK I think are getting the countdown show and some "Greatest 100 UFC fights" show.

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    It's on Setanta Ireland which is part of NTL's basic tv package that you don't even need a digital box for.

It's also on Sky digital channel 433 which is some racing channel or something but no one knows yet if Irish sky digital people can get it but there's some info where you can trick the box into thinking it's in the UK (ironic or what?!) by taking out the card and turning it off or something.

It's also going to be streamed on the UFC site live for free but no one knows if it's only for UK ip addresses, ie does that include Ireland ?

As far as I know it's only the main programme that's on Setanta Ireland here. The UK I think are getting the countdown show and some "Greatest 100 UFC fights" show.

Thanks for the reply Alan.

I will be watching that live. I only want to see the Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir and Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves matches. Anyone know what time they'll likely air at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

vflhp wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Alan.

I will be watching that live. I only want to see the Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir and Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves matches. Anyone know what time they'll likely air at?
    I think Fozzy said he reckons it'll be on about 5.15am

Ah lovely.

I'll tune in at 4:45 just to be safe. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

vflhp wrote: »
    Ah lovely.

I'll tune in at 4:45 just to be safe. :P

Seriously just watch the entire it will be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

setanta have the countdown program now and 5 programs of the Top fights... no idea what time they start at..

afatbollix wrote: »
    setanta have the countdown program now and 5 programs of the Top fights... no idea what time they start at..

9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    I think Fozzy said he reckons it'll be on about 5.15am

GSP vs Alves would be starting about 35/40 minutes before that I'd guess

For anyone not able to watch UFC 100 live on tv it will be available for 24 hours free on ufc.com. Also they are working on 2 tv deals in the UK.

http://video.telegraph.co.uk/services/player/bcpid3347407001?bclid=1326159103&bctid=29120654001

Paddy Power has Mir at 3/1 to win via submission

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

rovert wrote: »

I've taken that bet and will be up a few pounds if it comes through, fingers crossed he gets the sub!

now im thinking choke or heel hook

cant see another knee bar though

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cheers.

Got a tenner on that as backup and a tenner on a six fight accumulator - Bonnar, Dolloway, Akiyama, St. Pierre, Bisping and Lesnar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

didnt bother betting last time , was on the site an all, ready to put a 10 on mir and decided id be happier with my tenner :mad:

went with a 10er this time , bit of a hail mary effort on Alves, Mir, and bisping need to check the odds i got on that exactly but i know it's about 200 back for me m10er if things come to pass :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

weigh in's were pretty uneventful , huge crowd though.

Mire was @ 245 and Brock @ 255 both looking in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

calex71 wrote: »
    weigh in's were pretty uneventful , huge crowd though.

Mire was @ 245 and Brock @ 255 both looking in good shape.

Actually Brock was at 265.
    Bones' look away stare down was the most interesting part :cool:

cowzerp wrote: »
    I've taken that bet and will be up a few pounds if it comes through, fingers crossed he gets the sub!

now im thinking choke or heel hook

cant see another knee bar though

I think that is crazy odds given that is how the last fight finish, it being Mirs prefered method of victory and at the second most likely outcome IMO.
    Cheers.

Got a tenner on that as backup and a tenner on a six fight accumulator - Bonnar, Dolloway, Akiyama, St. Pierre, Bisping and Lesnar.

I did an ten fight accumlator so figures crossed. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I did an ten fight accumlator so figures crossed. :pac:

What are your picks?

I'm only going to get a €120 return on mine if it comes in as all but Bisping are favourites.

Advertisement