Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hilton Belfast

Options
  • 05-07-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

The Hilton hotel in Belfast is doing a 2 nights for 1 including breakfast deal at the moment. I've booked a friday and saturday night there and considering it's only a 5 minute walk from the city centre and therefore the shops, £117 sterling is a pretty good deal in my book.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yes 'tis a good deal, it's a lovely 5-star hotel, in a great location. Have you a link/reference for this offer? The only one I can find is on the Hilton web site, but the price is more than £117 for 2 nights.

P.S. Sorry yes it is that offer, I've just put in other dates and it comes up at £117 for 2 nights for 2, thanks Reg'stoy. If anyones thinking of staying here parking is not included and is expensive. But the hotel is walking distance to the main Belfast railway station and just a few mins walk to city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I stayed there twice. Never again. Security guard came up and checked the fridge before we checked out the second visit. Have not ever had that happen even in a lower rated hotel. Also room smelled of stale tobacco and there was a big wine stain on the floor. Rooms also very small. Booked no smoking and did not expect the complimentary wine.

There are much better deals available at affordable hotels in Belfast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I stayed there and it was great, although that was many years ago when it first opened. I'm not sure you'll find many better deals, than a 5 star hotel at £58.50 per night, for bed and buffet breakfast for 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Hi folks, just back from Belfast and I have to say the hotel was great. Lovely room, lovely staff, very central location and the breakfast (buffet style) was super. Fair enough you have to pay for the car park, which cost us £36 for the two nights but if that bothers people I'm sure there are cheaper places.
    The days of cheap prices up north may be coming to an end but still at £117 for 2 nights B&B plus parking is still a nice bargin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flowertot

hey just wondering if anyone knows any other good offers on in hotels in belfast.

i will be heading up for a weekend of shopping:D:D:D in the next couple of months and just wondering about accomodation up there
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    The days of cheap prices up north may be coming to an end but still at £117 for 2 nights B&B plus parking is still a nice bargin.

you got free parking?? was going to book this hotel a while back but read review on no car park so i rang hotel and they use a car park across the road which way something like £18 a day

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We stayed at the Park Inn a while back. Nice hotel in a good location and a good price too. Secure car parking available under the hotel for 7 pounds a day if I remember right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

fifib wrote: »
    you got free parking?? was going to book this hotel a while back but read review on no car park so i rang hotel and they use a car park across the road which way something like £18 a day

Yeah, parking at the Hiltons always incurs a fee ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Not sure if they still do this but if you book an 'executive' room, you used to get the free bar and canapes in the executive lounge on one of the higher up floors with views over Belfast ...nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

WIZWEB wrote: »
    I stayed there twice. Never again. Security guard came up and checked the fridge before we checked out the second visit. Have not ever had that happen even in a lower rated hotel. Also room smelled of stale tobacco and there was a big wine stain on the floor. Rooms also very small. Booked no smoking and did not expect the complimentary wine.

There are much better deals available at affordable hotels in Belfast :)

I stayed there with my children, booked it purely for the smimming pool, turned out it was broken, took hours for someone to bring a bandage to the room when my partner cut their finger, hotel evacuated during the night due to the alarm, executive lounge is very handy but only open for certain hours, and even though I am a hilton loyaty card holder the extras are never in the room, I never went back

Advertisement