Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE C905. Something is wrong with it.

• 05-07-2009 6:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just got a phone call from someone. Their name didn't come up as usual it came up as a load of weird characters. After the call I tried to get into my contacts but nothing happened so I turned off the phone and turned it back on. When it came on I put in my pin. It then said something about an incorrect sim. I restarted it once again, but now I'm getting no network coverage and still can't get into my contacts. Wifi doesn't seem to be picking my wifi network either. It's unlocked and debranded. Has anyone seen this before or know what is happening. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Sounds like your software to be honest.

If you go into the settings you can restore the phone to manufacturers settings, you shouldn't lose any info on the phone doing that but best to remove the memory card first. Failing that you can download a software update from the sony ericsson website in their support section, doing that you will lose the information on the phone. Not sure what implications that will have for locking and debranding so do it at your own risk.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I managed to back everything up using the pc suite so that's not too bad. The master reset did nothing. Gonna try updating it now. Cheers for the response, Gillo.

Edit: When I tried charging it about an hour ago it said "Battery cannot be charged. Please use a sony erricson battery". Hopefully an update will sort it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bugger. The driver doesn't work with windows 7. Gonna have to leave this until tomorrow when I can get my hands on an xp machine. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

there was a faulty batch of C905s, so yours might be one of them.

Gekko wrote: »
    there was a faulty batch of C905s, so yours might be one of them.

It's been working fine up until yesterday so hopefully this isn't the case. I'll be pissed if it is as my backup phone (k800i) is a little fúcked as well and will only let me hold one text message. It'll do for a few days but any longer than that will be painful. I'm doing an update now. Hopefully that will sort it.

*crosses fingers* :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

I restarted it once again, but now I'm getting no network coverage and still can't get into my contacts. It's unlocked and debranded. Has anyone seen this before or know what is happening. Cheers.
    Ive had that with an unlock and debranded w580i. i had to turn off the phone for a while and then try it again. worked fine but ive got to update the software cos it still has other issues.

The software update sorted it. Woo hooo! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

how do you find the C905. how is the camera? you find the bulkiness a problem?

I think it's great. I seen some pictures of it before I bought it and thought it looked huge compared to people's hands in the picture. It's not as big as you think though. I actually hated going back to my k800i for the past day as I felt it was a bit too small.

The camera is brilliant. I don't use it as much as I should though. I only tend to use it when I shít faced and then I just end up take videos of my shoe or something like that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I had a software bug in mine that mixed up two particular contacts and wouldn't select either to ring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement