Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention home growers

Options
  • 05-07-2009 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭

Was in Aldi picking up a few bits earlier and noticed new seed packs in stock (presumably, like all their seeds, for a limited time only). Anyway, I picked up one of each pack without really having a proper look. Turns out they've a great selection. There's four packs, each with 6 varieties of seed, all designed for summer sowing. The packs are:

Healthy Leaf Vegetables
    - Oriental leaf mix (Mizuna, red & green mustard, Mibuna, Pack Choi); Spring Cabbage Pixie; Chard Bright Lights; Spinach; Rocket; Lettuce All Year Round

Herb Garden - Sweet Basil; Parsley; Chives; Oregano; Coriander; Thyme

Salad - Radish; Scallion; Beetroot; Endive; Lettuce Salad Bowl; Lettuce Lollo Rosso

Winter Vegetables - Carrot Autumn King; Kale Dwarf Green; Cabbage Offenham; Turnip; Swede; Onion Ishikura

Priced at €2.99 each.

This is way more than my single raised bed can take, so I'm planning to turn an unused patch at the side of the house into a huge vegetable patch. I can't wait!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Mozart1986

Thanks alot, fair play to ya:), will check it out. Need some cheap seeds myself, some Autumn King carrots are on the shoppin list.

Advertisement