Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting laptop to new TV ?

• 05-07-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I just got a new TV , but it does not have a VGA connection. I used to use this on my old tv VGA to VGA .

My new tv has the following connections :
    Analogue Audio Input
    Component Video
    DVB Common Interface
    HDMI
    Headphone
    RGB (via Scart)
    SCART

My laptop has VGA but no HDMI .

Whats the best way to connect with best picture quality?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,751 ✭✭✭✭kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

VGA to Component would probably be better than scart

41TTVE3ZX8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Is there such a thing has VGA to HDMI cable ?

My old TV had VGA which meant VGA to VGA - could I expect the same quality with the above suggestions or was not old system better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Adam anto

I think you would have to go VGA-DVI-HDMI. Very messy. I'm not 100% sure though.
    I think it also depends on what type of content you're watching from the laptop. If it's online videos and the like the VGA to component would be fine. If you're doing gaming/browsing then the higher quality the better..

A

• Advertisement
Advertisement