Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find good american pancakes in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-07-2009 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, could anyone please give some recommendations? A friend told me she misses them. Thanks a million :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mcdonalds do pancakes and syrup which are probably american style, and easy to get with so many locations. As for how good they are im not to sure.

http://www.mcdonalds.ie/MMMMenu/Breakfast.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

hhahaha hahha mcdonaldos do 'american style' pancakes, uve got to be kidding me. better to give no advice than seem like an absolute fool. even supplied us with a mcdonalds website and all as if we doubted pancakes were sold there.

op no place in dublin seels the pancakes ur friend is looking for, in ireland they would charge 12 euro for a batch of pancakes for what would cost 3 dollars in the usa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

better to give no advice than seem like an absolute fool.
    On the other hand, at least he was polite about it.
    --

What specifically makes a pancake 'American' style? Are they the thicker fluffier ones, compared to the wafer-thin 'crepe' style?

Cha Cha Cha on Cows Lane does a tasty American Breakfast (pancakes with maple syrup, scrambled egg and bacon) for €6 but it's the thinner style of pancake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make them yourself. Put some baking powder in - it's what makes them fluff up - or use self-raising flour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

better to give no advice than seem like an absolute fool. even supplied us with a mcdonalds website and all as if we doubted pancakes were sold there..

You can give over with that sort of posting in here.

Take this as a first warning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

op no place in dublin seels the pancakes ur friend is looking for, in ireland they would charge 12 euro for a batch of pancakes for what would cost 3 dollars in the usa.

You'll pay more than 3 dollars for a good feed of decent pancakes in the States. Clinton Bakery in New York charge about 6 dollars for their pancakes - although they're well worth it - probably the best pancakes I've ever had in my life.

OP - I really have never seen any Dublin place that does proper American style panckaes. But I'm sure there must be somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I've never had them, but Eddie Rockets do serve them at breakfast. No idea if they're the thick Americans ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Elephant and Castle do American style pancakes for brunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Metro Café sells them, but I think they just buy the prepacked ones in Dunnes/Tesco and heat them. Nice syrup though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭sineadCharl

If you go to the Asian Market they sell Hot Cake mix which is basically pancake mix for american style pancakes ( well like the ones I ate when I was in America)I get the Hot Cake mix all the time, gorgeous! And only €2:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Bisquick is the mix American's use at home and that is quite easy to get IIRC around Dublin, you could make some for her? Not quite the same though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭clueless007

thanks everyone very much for contributing to my enquiry.
    i forgot about this post until a few moments ago.
    i'm not so sure about cooking pancakes for her since it's her native food (wonder where do pancake originate from ;p). i just thought it would be a good idea for sunday brunch. definitely gonna try elephant and castle as recommended by mediatank
    thanks again and have a lovely evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

You can get excellent American Pancakes in Tesco. They sell them on a box of 6.

Advertisement