Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving rent allowance advice please

Options
  • 05-07-2009 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

hi guys,,
    maybe some1 has an answer,,
    i am currently movin from the house which i share,,
    currently my rent is 280euros per month i receive 37.60 euros a week rent allownce,,,
    my question is this if i move to an apartment on my own thats 700 euros pm how much should i receive rent allownce,,,
    anybody who has an answer would be greatly appreciated....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

you will receive nothing

There is a limit to the amount of rent allowance you can receive. last time the maximum amount of rent you would receive rent allowance on was 440 euro, this has since been cut.

at 700 euro a month, a single person will get zilch

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭limerick79

ok fair enough i am asking this because i know few lads that rent apartments that are 650 to 750 euros per month and they get a payment if anyone out their ho is actually renting a 2 bed apartment thats in receipt of rent allownce,, from wat i gather the limit means that i cannot afford accomadation on my own in reality where are their apartments in limerick that are 450 per month...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

www.daft.ie/2745323
    www.daft.ie/2737373
    www.daft.ie/2718237

That's just listing a few from Daft.
    Contact your CWO - they will tell you how much rent allowance you can get for definite.

Advertisement