Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPVP Reroll

• 05-07-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Bonjour mes amis!:P I come baring cookies and an offer!

6 or 7 of my friends IRL are rerolling soon. And it's going to be as close to an Irish guild as possible; hence I'm here on boards.ie wondering if anyone would want to get involved in the reroll?

We all are experienced players, to the degree that none of us have experienced an rp server. So if you want to try it out with us that's all gravy aussi!:P Server is going to be PVP as well for the shizz & the giggles, oh and ofc the faction shall be Horde. And we're hoping to be a very competetive Arena team once we hit that good ole' LVL 80...

We've pretty much covered classes to the extent that from the get-go we will have a variety of roles, so class and race is truly up to youXD!. Grinding in WoW can, as you may already know, be the biggest bore since...(insert witty comment), so we're hoping the RP will spruce it up a bit. ^^but like I said, none of us have done it before so we're all learning!!

We're looking at servers "The Venture Co." or "Ravenholdt", where WPVP is apperantly immense! ^^...gosh this is a long post...cutos to anyone bothered to read my ramblings!:L
    Whee!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Lol roleplaying to help leveling more fun, never thought that one, I usually use music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Me and 4 m8s have just rerolled horde on magtheridon (PvP) and new irish people would be very welcome. Not RP but sure.....ye could just RP that it is RP? :-P we are all 52-64 atm and horde side ofc! We should be setting up a guild at 80. We are all compotent players and also most have an interest in arenas and PvP! Im probably going to be the slowest leveler cause of current pvp stuff on my main so add yensil on magtheridon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

When I first joined wow I played on an RP server since I came to wow after an extensive amount of time playing online neverwinter nights.

The height of RP you get in wow is people saying "hello" " damn you evil creature" and instead of you getting a random invite you actually get " wanna heal scarlet monastry to get loot?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Dost thou have a mug of ale for me and me mate? He has been pitched in battle for a fortnight an has a King's thirst for the beer thust thou might have for thust.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jiggy

Interesting indeed, well I been messing about on Ravenholdt trying to get the will to level with this weather and it seems like a nice server, good progression and pvp teams although WPVP has slowed down but should pick back up during raid downtime.

I would love to roll with a bunch of other Irish people ( I would not have to talk so slow on vent) so anyway just PM me about it.

With regards PVP I enjoyed a brief stint when holy paladin and arms warriors could just steamroll trough anything and also as retribution pre DON'TNERFMEBRO (good times good times)

Oh also what kind of raid level where you guys before the reoll (I ask because a lot of current pve gear is used in pvp)

• Advertisement

In regards to jiggys last paragraph, a lot less pve gear will be used in pvp after next patch. Theres a thread up about the resilience changes

Id still imagine DPS will be taking PVE in arena for either set bonuses or just overall damage increase

Some will yeah but they will disappear pretty fast :-P

well the old days of druid vs lock lasting for hours are gone and its all about who can do the most amount of burst before heals come in to play

Burst is going out of style next patch lol :-P you want to burst down my priest with -66% dmg taken? :-P its going to be the good old endurance matches of old where MS war + dru reign supreme

• Advertisement

yeah except now 2v2 is less popular thanks to Blizz adding those nice lil restrictions on what their ratings can and cannot qualify for

always wondered if a afflic lock and resto druid 2v2 could ever get 10 games done in a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

BTW I can't imagine magtheridon is a good server to play on since its so overpopulated so people can cheer on the world firsts.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

W00t! Welcome aboard Jiggy!:P

Any other takers guys? I'm sure it shall be hilarious if we get a big group of us, and more Irish the better!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

my retarded brother plays on one of these type of servers. I'm not going to say which one:pac:

o_O...eh..okay...good for you..

RP is what you make of it; style isn't always language from the old Victorian times..it's just a different way of playing the game. Rolling so many alts makes it terribly boring for me to play again (and music helps, but not too much tbh:P)..

how to make wow that bit more interesting:

1-put your iTunes on shuffle

2-do some WSG

3-find someone else who enjoys picking off gnomes

4-/dance

Well guys the reroll starts tonight for anyone wishing to participate:L

What server ?

Advertisement