Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen Weather

Options
  • 05-07-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

What would be the best website that would give the most accurate weather predictions for Punchestown next weekend?

Also for all you experts how much rainfall would be needed this week before the place turns to slush?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Was just about to post this question. Any ideas lads?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

M.T. Cranium gives very good forecasts on this very forum http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971. He gives todays and the following few days forecasts and I've found them pretty reliable and as good as you're going to get! Obviously the closer to the day you look at the forecast the more reliable it'll be. At the moment his forecast for the weekend is:

THE WEEKEND should be a mixed bag but not as showery as this past weekend, and possibly a little above 20 C each day, at least away from the coasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

gonker wrote: »
    Was just about to post this question. Any ideas lads?:confused:

me too as it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Getting some mixed forecasts from the ten day weather forecasts. Some sunny but cloudy others showery... Too soon for anything reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Roooooney wrote: »
    Hi all,

What would be the best website that would give the most accurate weather predictions for Punchestown next weekend?

Also for all you experts how much rainfall would be needed this week before the place turns to slush?

Cheers.
    Went to oxegen two years. Mud everywhere. bad mistake not bringing wellies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

There's the possibility of rain forecast for the saturday and sunday but thursday and friday will be dry:D:D
    Very reliable source:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Roooooney

Went to oxegen two years. Mud everywhere. bad mistake not bringing wellies!

Where did I say I wouldn't be bringing wellies? :confused:

Roooooney wrote: »
    Where did I say I wouldn't be bringing wellies? :confused:
    sorry dude was referring to my myself. my bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

It was absoloutly pissing here in kilkenny yesterday, same in Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

MET EIREANN Forecast for the weekend

THURSDAY, THURSDAY NIGHT : Mainly or completely dry, at most just perhaps a few light showers. Variable cloud cover. Northwesterly winds gradually dying away. Continuing cool - temperatures 18 to 20 C at best by day, and falling below 10 C in many areas at night (could drop to 6 or 5 C in sheltered parts, especially Thursday night). FRIDAY. SATURDAY : Staying dry through Friday in some areas - especially further east - but cloud and rain gradually moving in from the Atlantic during Friday or early Saturday:mad::mad::mad:, and giving some heavy rain in places. Falls of up to 20 or 30 mm possible:eek::eek::eek:. Clearer drier weather following from the southwest during Saturday or Saturday night. Breezy or windy at times - freshening southeasterly winds as the rain moves in, veering west or southwest as the clearer weather follows. Becoming a little warmer again after the cool midweek weather.

So ye cooler but rain always a possibility .....SO YE IM DEFINETELY BRINGING ME WELLIES!

• Advertisement

Iancar29 wrote: »
    MET EIREANN Forecast for the weekend

THURSDAY, THURSDAY NIGHT : Mainly or completely dry, at most just perhaps a few light showers. Variable cloud cover. Northwesterly winds gradually dying away. Continuing cool - temperatures 18 to 20 C at best by day, and falling below 10 C in many areas at night (could drop to 6 or 5 C in sheltered parts, especially Thursday night). FRIDAY. SATURDAY : Staying dry through Friday in some areas - especially further east - but cloud and rain gradually moving in from the Atlantic during Friday or early Saturday:mad::mad::mad:, and giving some heavy rain in places. Falls of up to 20 or 30 mm possible:eek::eek::eek:. Clearer drier weather following from the southwest during Saturday or Saturday night. Breezy or windy at times - freshening southeasterly winds as the rain moves in, veering west or southwest as the clearer weather follows. Becoming a little warmer again after the cool midweek weather.

So ye cooler but rain always a possibility .....SO YE IM DEFINETELY BRINGING ME WELLIES!
    from the horse mouth in Kildare>.Raining 5 min, sun then cloud, followed by sqwalee wet stuff.. mate lives up in Maynooth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LorraineKildare

Live in Naas. weathers grand today. suns shinin, bita wind but quite humid :D

Live in Naas. weathers grand today. suns shinin, bita wind but quite humid :D
    Lucky Lorraine. only down the road from venue. You an oxegen head?

Oxegen virgin acctually!!! last year drove around it with a gang to scope it out, and did the same two weeks ago.. so easy to get into ha :)

Oxegen virgin acctually!!! last year drove around it with a gang to scope it out, and did the same two weeks ago.. so easy to get into ha :)
    you dont know what you are missing. great fun.

really? should be good craic. most of my friends have tickets but i lost my job four weeks ago and clearlly have no money now...

really? should be good craic. most of my friends have tickets but i lost my job four weeks ago and clearlly have no money now...
    sorry about that. you could always complain about the noise and they might let you in for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Looks like the rain will start at the same time as the first acts get on stage on Friday, it will then build up into a crescendo of heavy downpours with wild winds as the main acts take stage on saturday and then gradually ease off as the festival winds down on Sunday.

You see - mcd shouldn't have messed with boards!:D Boards controls the weather!:p

darc wrote: »
    Looks like the rain will start at the same time as the first acts get on stage on Friday, it will then build up into a crescendo of heavy downpours with wild winds as the main acts take stage on saturday and then gradually ease off as the festival winds down on Sunday.

You see - mcd shouldn't have messed with boards!:D Boards controls the weather!:p
    a friend of mine is always this to me. No such thing as bad weather. just weak men.

just a note to all not from kildare.
    was down at oxegen yesterday for a sneaky look (all the bands were practising :D) and the ground is quite dry but ALOT of dry muck everywhere which means once it starts rainin its likely to flood :(... be VERY prepared especially if your travelling far..

• Advertisement

just a note to all not from kildare.
    was down at oxegen yesterday for a sneaky look (all the bands were practising :D) and the ground is quite dry but ALOT of dry muck everywhere which means once it starts rainin its likely to flood :(... be VERY prepared especially if your travelling far..
    think we have a new job for you. Roving reporter for TV3?

oh haha you no me so well!!! il be the one walking around going, i told yee so......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

im going to oxeygen on sunday, i herd the weather wont be as bad? i have no wellies :( and all i see in the shops are girlie ones , i have a pair of army boots, ya think these will be suffient?

im going to oxeygen on sunday, i herd the weather wont be as bad? i have no wellies :( and all i see in the shops are girlie ones , i have a pair of army boots, ya think these will be suffient?
    bring wellies or boots with a good grip. went there two years ago. Was a complete mudbath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Bring a old pair of boots and you can swap them for wellies for free at the schuh stand. There going cleaning up all old shoes received and sending them out to third world countries.

yes the amount of disposed wellies from when i was down there was amazing. btw heard there was bedlam after the AC DC gig last week. there was a piece in it in trib about it. same story about people getting buses back from venue. seems to be a recurring problem this year

Advertisement