Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Order Offence Repercussions

• 05-07-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I was taken in and given a fixed charge notice upon my release under sections 4 (Intoxication in Public) and 5 (Disorderly Conduct). I was wondering if anybody knew what the reprocussions would be regarding a criminal record and whatnot (Apart from the fines themselves). Training to be a teacher and am a bit worried! Any help is much appriciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If you pay the charge in time, there will be no criminal record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 poj

Bond-007 wrote: »
    If you pay the charge in time, there will be no criminal record.

PLanning to pay it as soon as it arrives. Thanks for the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tinkerbella23

i'm up in court for intoxication and threatening abusive insulting behaviour. wat i dont get is it happened back in nov. it was the next morning i wasn't intoxicated fair enough i did hav few drinks on me, a prob came about with the busman on bus and he told me i didn't pay enough money. i seen 2 garda walking up the street and went over and was telling then wat happened before i knew it they were putting hand cuffs on me i was took to the station i was very upset and when i got to the station the bangarda says i wasnt arrested i was only in too calm down and i get 2 summons in the door months later...
    i'v never been in court before so could advise me wat i do about a solicitor and that will there be 1 there i can use on the morning?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

The best thing to do is go to the court you are summonsed to, in advance of the return date, and watch what goes on. You will begin to see that there are some solicitors dealing with a lot of public order offences and legal aid matters. You should approach one or two of them, when they are quiet, and sound them out about your case. It is important to get a solicitor who will be in the court on the same day as your offence is being dealt with, as the costs will be far too high otherwise.

thanks for the advice thing is i'm up tomorrow!!
    i'll head early and check out wat solicitors are there on day do u know anything about free legal aid?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You won't get legal aid for a public order offence.

somebody else told me there circumstances and they were something similar to mine and they says they got free legal aid and had to pay a fine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Bond-007 wrote: »
    You won't get legal aid for a public order offence.

They do give it for offences that are likely to receive a sentence...Section 6 (in an instance of a fight etc) and 19 CJPOA are likely to recieve a sentence.

Judge normally asks for previous first before granting free legal aid.

They do give it for offences that are likely to receive a sentence...Section 6 (in an instance of a fight etc) and 19 CJPOA are likely to recieve a sentence.

Judge normally asks for previous first before granting free legal aid.
    this is my 1st i dont have any previous convictions i never even stood in a court before :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

this is my 1st i dont have any previous convictions i never even stood in a court before :(

Sorry was just refering to Bonds comment.

If you received an FCPS for the public order offence then pay it and thats it....no record.

It not, and you have no previous convictions as you say, then you are entitled to an adult caution....again, no record. You'll be grand....just dont do it again:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Wonder if anyone can give me a little bit of advice, I got arrsested in November for having a row with a taxi driver (verbal) over a fare, got charged with section 4 and 6 of public order and plead guily in court and the judge ordered me to pay St Vincient de Paul. And bring the reciept back to court on the 19th of ;an, and I would get the probation act.
    I've since been arrested for section 4 again for something that was a genuine mistake and thinking of pleading not guilty. Was wondering if found guilty or plead guilty will I get a crim record. The max sentence for this is €150..

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Wonder if anyone can give me a little bit of advice, I got arrsested in November for having a row with a taxi driver (verbal) over a fare, got charged with section 4 and 6 of public order and plead guily in court and the judge ordered me to pay St Vincient de Paul. And bring the reciept back to court on the 19th of ;an, and I would get the probation act.
    I've since been arrested for section 4 again for something that was a genuine mistake and thinking of pleading not guilty. Was wondering if found guilty or plead guilty will I get a crim record. The max sentence for this is €150..

Thanks

I don't know what you mean when you say it was a genuine mistake. In any case you should talk to a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement