Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Since when is it common sense to be rude to a customer? You have serious customer relations issues if you find the treatment I received acceptable. A costumer should be treated with respect and courtesy.

As regards the insinuation I was lying, That happened as soon as the sales person seen the phone so you are wrong I'm afraid. Actually I got a suspicious look before I even handed him the phone when I was explaining the memory issues. He sneered at the suggestion their was any problem with the phone before he even seen it.
    Well that guy just sounds like a bit of a pr!ck (not to mention an idiot) then if he was acting like that just when you were telling him you had memory issues before you even before you asked for a replacement. I can't see why someone would doubt someone's claim of memory issues :confused:
    I'm a 39 year old man raising a family not some teenager full of attitude.

You say you are 3 years in the trade, With all due respect I'm 22 years in my profession and if there is one thing I've learned it's all never jump to conclusions till the facts are to hand.

If someone came to me with a cracked screen I wouldn't consider it jumping to conclusions to say that it was dropped. Honestly, if you had ten people every day with miraculous stories of how their phone broke through no fault of their own would you be inclined to accept such an unlikely story? It might not even be that the person is deliberately lying, it could have banged off something while it was in their pocket. Is the whole point of experience not that you learn to spot things like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

Sam Vimes wrote: »

If someone came to me with a cracked screen I wouldn't consider it jumping to conclusions to say that it was dropped. Honestly, if you had ten people every day with miraculous stories of how their phone broke through no fault of their own would you be inclined to accept such an unlikely story? It might not even be that the person is deliberately lying, it could have banged off something while it was in their pocket. Is the whole point of experience not that you learn to spot things like that?

I have absolutely no problem with any company policy regarding cracked screens but when there are also obvious problems from manufacture I think there should be leeway shown. The manager of the shop even conceded there is a grey area in that end of their company policy.

The ins and outs of the phone and it's faults are by far secondary to the attitude of the sales person for me but. Most of the posts on the thread seem to be caught up in company policy as opposed to customer relations which I find quite surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I have absolutely no problem with any company policy regarding cracked screens but when there are also obvious problems from manufacture I think there should be leeway shown. The manager of the shop even conceded there is a grey area in that end of their company policy.
    They are not at liberty to give you that leeway. It's not up to them
    The ins and outs of the phone and it's faults are by far secondary to the attitude of the sales person for me but. Most of the posts on the thread seem to be caught up in company policy as opposed to customer relations which I find quite surprising.

In this case customer relations comes down to the attitude of one person on a particular day and it doesn't really reflect on the company as a whole. Having worked there I can tell you that it's not ok to be rude to customers and if you ant to complain about him you can call customer care on 1800 424 800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

It's not up to them

It should be.

In this case customer relations comes down to the attitude of one person on a particular day and it doesn't really reflect on the company as a whole. Having worked there I can tell you that it's not ok to be rude to customers and if you ant to complain about him you can call customer care on 1800 424 800

I done that last Monday. Still waiting on them to get back to me. They didn't seem bothered to be honest, They never even asked for the phone number of my witness to verify the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rhymenocerous

They never even asked for the phone number of my witness to verify the story.

In fairness to their customer care dept, it's not a criminal trial, they're not going to go around ringing people to get their version of the facts. They will most likely take your complaint, and forward it on to their supervisor who should take appropriate measures for the incident.

If you have a complaint, you should always follow it up in writing. Also, I think people in this country need to speak up when they get good service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It should be.

even if it was up to the store they still wouldn't exchange it without an engineers report, just on the off chance it was customer damage.

If I give you someting and you bring it back broken i'll hold you responsable until and engineer proves me different. Ask yourself what would you do if you sold the phone, would you take the chance of a finanical hit because somebody swears it's been on the window sill all night or would you wait for the engineer?

Advertisement