Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone find pix.ie slow to upload?

• 05-07-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else here find pix.ie very slow to upload photos?

I've been using photobucket up until now, but decided to use pix.ie due to larger storage etc but its taking hours to upload 8 photos. Normally photobucket would take 15-20 mins, but pix.ie is saying its going to take 5 hours to finish the upload.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Nothing noticable but i'm on a slow connection..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

never had a problem with pix.ie for uploading
    (I always size the photos to 72dpi to ease the uploading)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

I find pixie to be fine, easily upload 10-20 pictures in minutes. at fairly high quality ( I do have insanely good upload speeds though). I usually reduce the quality of the Jpegs i stick on there too!
    Maybe worth adding your complaint to the pix.ie thread, they are usually really good at getting bac to you on there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

OP, are you using the flash or HTML version of the uploader?

I've had continuous issues with uploading to pix.ie, it would seem that if it works, it works well, but if you have issues then you could be in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I uploaded 500+ Mb of photos again today - 124 full resolution full frame 5D photos - in one hour ten minutes. And that's with NTL and their atrocious upload speeds. So.. nope. I'm guessing it's a fault at your end? Would be worth getting onto help@pix.ie though. They are possibly the most helpful site in the universe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

OP I have the same problem as you so I stopped using the flash uplaoder and use the HTML, it works a treat.
    and I upload many pics a month. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

Thanks all for chipping in!

If you need any help or assistance, we're more than happy to help. Email support help@pix.ie As Sinead mentioned :)

...and BTW there has been major problems with the Internet in Ireland this evening with Eircom's DNS outage...

Marcus

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ah... nice one Marcus. I'm on eircom but was thinking that the lap-top had got a bug. That makes a lot of sense and brings some relief too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

sineadw wrote: »
    I uploaded 500+ Mb of photos again today - 124 full resolution full frame 5D photos - in one hour ten minutes. And that's with NTL and their atrocious upload speeds. So.. nope. I'm guessing it's a fault at your end? Would be worth getting onto help@pix.ie though. They are possibly the most helpful site in the universe :)

Lol doesn't sound to atrocious to me :)

500mb+ in just over an hour is great,I couldn't download 500mb that quick :eek:

They finally got the hint and upgraded me to a 10mb download line. I was on 100kb upload though. Actually, off to blacknight to check my upload speed now...

• Advertisement

download= 9.03mbps
    upload=937kbps

\o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I managed to upload a few using the old upload thing (not flash), but the speeds were still bad. I noticed that eircom seems to have gone down in my area today so I'lll try again once thats sorted.

Any more problems after that and I'll e-mail the pix.ie people. It's prob something wrong on my end though.

Advertisement