Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ford focus engine light on smell of rubber

• 05-07-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Ford focus engine light on smell of rubber car jerkin please help, no pull from engine and when i accelerate it makes a tappin noise in engine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Sounds like it could be the timing belt. Give some more details, mileage, engine, anything major done to it?

Don't drive it, you will only do more damage. Get it towed to a garage or get AA out in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Coil pack probably.

Don't know about the burning rubber smell, you'd best get it checked out in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

+1 on what capt. slow said. i had the same problem with a mondeo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Rubber band is busted. :pac:

The Capt is giving good advice. Get it to your garage/mechanic asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭urallfish

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Sounds like it could be the timing belt. Give some more details, mileage, engine, anything major done to it?

Don't drive it, you will only do more damage. Get it towed to a garage or get AA out in the morning!
    Timing belt was just done 4 months ago the mileage is 100k i hope its the coil pack tbh save me a fortune if so i just checked the oil the other day and it was bone dry so garage told me to put in this special oil which i did dont know if this has anything to do with it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

All Focus engines are chain driven afaik.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 Mr. darragh

slipping alt belt burning rubber smell
    low electrical power misfire
    dont drive it get it looked at asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

bazz26 wrote: »

Nope, mine has a belt 1.4LX (zetec 16V engine).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

bazz26 wrote: »

There is a belt on the 1.4 16v engine, due at 100,000 miles or every ten years. I don't know about the rest of the petrol engines, but i know that the 1.6/1.8TDCI needs a belt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭urallfish

Coil pack probably.

Don't know about the burning rubber smell, you'd best get it checked out in the morning.
    You legend turns out it was the coil pack tnx mate only cost 150 euro to get fixed tg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

urallfish wrote: »
    You legend turns out it was the coil pack tnx mate only cost 150 euro to get fixed tg

You won't be thanking me when you get my bill!:D

What about the smell of burning rubber?

Advertisement