Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

modern warfare goty edition maps code

• 05-07-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

i bought cod 4 modern warfare the GOTY edition in xtravision today and when i opened it there was no code to download the maps. it was a brand new game in the plastic wrapper and the seal on the case. maybe im wrong but im sure there should be a code.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

back of the manual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Helix wrote: »
    back of the manual?

nope, just the activision logo

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

A quick GOOGLE:
    " If it didn't come with the map pack token, you don't get the map pack. Tough luck.

To activate, you go to the CoD4 site, type in the missing token, then get another code, go to xbox live redeem code thing, enter the numbers, and the download starts. thats how i got mine "
    hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

was just reading up abit more on this and apparently they either stopped giving codes or even though its a goty edition there has to be a sticker saying it comes with the map code or sumthin so anyway there wasnt supposed to be a code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Same here. Bought it in Xtravsion. Front of box says "Game of the Year edition", and sticker on box says "4 extra maps". But no codes. So surely this is false advertising since the contents of the disc is not what is described on the packaging so is misleading to the customer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

are these new maps or the 4 that came out last year with creek, chinatown, killhouse and broadcast or are they totally new maps? If its only them i don't see what the big deal is as they are only around 5 euro to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

4 that came out last year. Still...they shouldn't be selling it as the GOTY edition if it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

I believe you are to go here if you are encountering problems with acquiring the 4 free maps with the GOTY Edition. http://gameoftheyear.callofduty.com/

I assume it will be back up and running in the next few days...

Advertisement