Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southern Irish in British army ?

• 05-07-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hello !!

Im thinking about joining the british army but have been warned about the troubles and the hatred that has happened in the past. And tbh I really dont have an opinion on it so I dont care.

So Im just wondering if anyone is or knows someone from the South that joined the B.A. and if they had any problems.

Cheers! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Southern Irishmen have being joining the BA since Napoleonic times and before and have had loads of troubles yes , usually with the enemy on the battlefield than anything else .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Tyrant, quick question for you, have you bothered to read ANY of the threads here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

dont do it man ;)

join the spanish one instead.

iceage wrote: »
    Tyrant, quick question for you, have you bothered to read ANY of the threads here?

Loads of threads on it here and on other forums.
    Nothing new in people from the republic joining
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/0904/1220372098017.html

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/british-army-sets-sights-on-ireland-1797293.html

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2009/may/31/irish-recruits-march-north-to-enlist-in-british-ar/
    The army recruitment office in Northern Ireland said in a statement that soldiers enlisting from the Republic represented 4.5% of its annual intake in 2006/2007; 10.5% in 2007/2008 and this increased to 15% in 2008/2009.
    The recession will increase the % no doubt.

and for good measure
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5huqDWVBoTt0eQ-vjZjEanjx2_2yA

Thank you Blind justice, saved me doing all the hard work. I was asking the OP had he/she read any of the threads Here. To save him/her from the incoming flak that is sure to ensue.

Unless his/her intention is to incite said flak. You with me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

I know Southerns have joined the BA but im just wondering to do get get **** of other recruits such as loyalists/protestants because of they are catholic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I have a friend working in Royal Navy recruitment including Royal Marines. He says that those applicants from ROI have to go through additional security checks which take longer to complete than Nordies. As a result, those from the South who have the tenacity to see the checks through are the most committed and make the best recruits on the island of Ireland.

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    I know Southerns have joined the BA but im just wondering to do get get **** of other recruits such as loyalists/protestants because of they are catholic

Who is to say that all those from the Republic are Catholics and all the other recruits are Protestants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

Hello !!

Im thinking about joining the british army but have been warned about the troubles and the hatred that has happened in the past. And tbh I really dont have an opinion on it so I dont care.

So Im just wondering if anyone is or knows someone from the South that joined the B.A. and if they had any problems.

Cheers! ;)
    I see that there has been 3 british soldiers killed in 2 incidents at the weekend. I suppose those serioulsy injured, losing a limb, maimed etc, could be multipled by 4 or 5. Would you possibly like to join them ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There will be slagging, but that's just a fact of life anyway. It's not likely to be violent, just a bit of ribbing, get any bunch of lads together and you will get the same.

If you are like our friend McAR15 here then it might get bad, but I doubt you are if you want to join the British Armed forces.
    McArmalite wrote: »
    I see that there has been 3 british soldiers killed in 2 incidents at the weekend. I suppose those serioulsy injured, losing a limb, maimed etc, could be multipled by 4 or 5. Would you possibly like to join them ??

Yes I would. Too busy at the moment though.

• Advertisement

Yes I would. Too busy at the moment though.
    So would like to get killed or maimed for queen and country minidazzler. Running through to form as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Kind of a loaded question there!.

Speaking personally I wouldn't like to join them in their injuries, as for "join" them in the greater sense of the word - well you said you were in the Defence Forces right?, so you answered a calling in you?.

Well some people aren't blinded by hatred and just want to soldier.

There is not one soldier I know, or you I've served with oversea's has considered their faith before training, indeed recently my son expressed an interest in joining the British army. An interest I welcomed and sought out (and continue to do so) information on various units should his interest take on a great impetus.

One final thing, I know a few ex-BA soldiers who left and came to join the Irish Defence Forces to serve near to home - in each and every case the Irish army had benefited hugely from the guys experiences with the BA.

At the moment we've a recruitment embargo and its Britain's oppertunity to recruit our best, but when they return the BA's loss is our gain as we'll get a fantastic soldier in return.

**edit... god forbid if my son served in the BA & was killed or injured, not for a second would I think he done it for 'queen & country' - I'd consider that he was a soldier.

Well said that man.

Kind of a loaded question there!.

Speaking personally I wouldn't like to join them in their injuries, as for "join" them in the greater sense of the word - well you said you were in the Defence Forces right?, so you answered a calling in you?.

Well some people aren't blinded by hatred and just want to soldier.

There is not one soldier I know, or you I've served with oversea's has considered their faith before training, indeed recently my son expressed an interest in joining the British army. An interest I welcomed and sought out (and continue to do so) information on various units should his interest take on a great impetus.

One final thing, I know a few ex-BA soldiers who left and came to join the Irish Defence Forces to serve near to home - in each and every case the Irish army had benefited hugely from the guys experiences with the BA.

At the moment we've a recruitment embargo and its Britain's oppertunity to recruit our best, but when they return the BA's loss is our gain as we'll get a fantastic soldier in return.

**edit... god forbid if my son served in the BA & was killed or injured, not for a second would I think he done it for 'queen & country' - I'd consider that he was a soldier.
    Well thanks for the post, you express your views well. But anyway. " well you said you were in the Defence Forces right?, so you answered a calling in you?. " I don't know could you really say the ol' FCA was real military training :D Certainly my company D, D for Disaster as we used to say about ourselves :)

Maybe I should give my family background and as to why I am totally against the british forces. Like many, many other Irishmen who would never have seen the inside of a prison, my grandfather and granduncle were imprisioned by the british ( granduncle later became an officer in the National/Free State army). I also had 2 cousins from the north imprisioned during the troubles, one of whom in the 70's was extremely badly beaten in custody, been held down by several brits and 2 others smashing several bones in his hands with rifle butts in the presence of an officer. Thrown into Long Kesh, he later sued the british govt and won, but ofcourse no attempt was made to find and punish the prepetrators.

Growing up in a border town and with many relatives across the border, understandably in our household the north was always a hot subject. You just have to look at some of the scenes from Derry and Belfast from the early days to see the lovely lads of the british army in action. Attacking civil rights marchers, humilating and beaten up nationalists at checkpoints, using torture in barracks, kicking in doors and wrecking houses " WE'LL TEACH YOU F*CKING OIRISH SOME F*UKING MANNERS " ETC. But that's the way of teh british army, nothing better could be expected from them. That lowlife will get no sympathy form me no matter what part of the world their in. I know very well what the british 'squaddie' is capable of, and I know very well what the Irish are capable of doing back to them.

I would say to any young Irish person by joining the British army you put yourself in the position that you may be asked to carry out horrific deeds against people like ourselves who have suffered terribably at the hands of the british army. Many Irishmen before have carried out these deeds, it's something we should be ashamed of. Their was nothing brave about gunning down tribesmen armed with bows and arrows, spears or firing a tank shell into a village.

Here's a report from Amenesty on some of the civilian murders in Iraq http://www.redress.btinternet.co.uk/amnesty.htm

Thanks McA.

I do try to understand where your coming from, I hate Britains history in Ireland too. I'm not going to go too deep into that, the last time I did I was taken completely out of context and received more than one threatening PM so I'll avoid that line of discussion.

Leaving that aside mostly we're talking about soldiering in this forum, I'm a soldier with not an once of interest in military politics - at least until I retire, until then I'll soldier.

If a young lad can not get into the Irish Defence Forces well then I wouldn't hessitate for a moment in recommending a career in the British army, and I'll go out on a limb and say that in my consideration its the very best professional army in the world and to break it down further I think the British soldier is the finest professional soldier, comparable to none.

So why would I deny that experience to a young lad just because of my own nationalist feelings, which I might add are largely redundent since our claim on N.I. were voted away with the Good Friday Agreement.

So thats it, I think of IRA leaders of old, plus their old enemies in the various loyalist terror groups can claim their war is over I think we should all move with them and let the past rest where it is, whilst not forgetting deeds done on all sides at least try to look forward and forgive.

A professional soldier cannot drop in and out as they wish. A professional soldier is not a politician. I am sure there are many IDF soldiers who have disagreed with Irish foreign policy but have got on with their duties. I'm sure there are thousands of BA soldiers who are dead against Britain's foreign policy. But they are professionals. Probably as many who don't care either way, would gladly sign up to any army and enjoy the skill development and lifestyle that being in an army gives them. I'd say you'll find very few who are in the BA because they believe Saddam needed to be stopped or that Afghanistan needed a regime change.

McArmalite, even given your name I would not expect you to comment on this in a rational manner. While there were those innocently locked up in Long Kesh, if your relatives shared your love of that weapon it was possibly the best place for them.

McArmalite, even given your name I would not expect you to comment on this in a rational manner. While there were those innocently locked up in Long Kesh, if your relatives shared your love of that weapon it was possibly the best place for them.

Tbh, and I respect each and every sentiment expressed here, I think thats a step backwards for this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

A professional soldier cannot drop in and out as they wish. A professional soldier is not a politician. I am sure there are many IDF soldiers who have disagreed with Irish foreign policy but have got on with their duties. I'm sure there are thousands of BA soldiers who are dead against Britain's foreign policy. But they are professionals. Probably as many who don't care either way, would gladly sign up to any army and enjoy the skill development and lifestyle that being in an army gives them. I'd say you'll find very few who are in the BA because they believe Saddam needed to be stopped or that Afghanistan needed a regime change.

A revolutionary is both a soldier and a politican. I think Che said something about, you cannot be a soldier without having politics. But of course a soldier in this case is different, the political ideology is numbed totally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Duffers

A revolutionary is both a soldier and a politican. I think Che said something about, you cannot be a soldier without having politics. But of course a soldier in this case is different, the political ideology is numbed totally.

are you for real? Because that made me p1ss me pants laughing!!

Seriously though.....the 1,000th thread on this topic, please for the love of Christ, not more of this :mad:

Duffers wrote: »
    are you for real? Because that made me p1ss me pants laughing!!

Seriously though.....the 1,000th thread on this topic, please for the love of Christ, not more of this :mad:

Good for you mate. Thanks for your contribution.

• Advertisement

But that comes down again to being a professional. Politicians can sign documents and before you know it you are sent to a corner of the world you have never heard of. You have to get on with it. It's the same in other walks of life. People in industry working hard, doing a great job but not agreeing with the direction their senior management is taking things.

Tbh, and I respect each and every sentiment expressed here, I think thats a step backwards for this forum.

He is the one who has raised the issue of his family on a public forum. And if he claims that they are the reason why he automatically denounces every forum relating to the BA with any reason he can think of then I feel it to be a valid point on my behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Terrontess was talking about a professional soldier...not a revolutionary...

This thread is about prefessional soldiers and soldiering.

as Makikomi said
    So thats it, I think of IRA leaders of old, plus their old enemies in the various loyalist terror groups can claim their war is over I think we should all move with them and let the past rest where it is, whilst not forgetting deeds done on all sides at least try to look forward and forgive.

And i think most of us who read this forum would agree.
    there are a few who will always attempt to derail the threads into the same tired areas.

Oh, and what the hell does Che Geuwotsisface have to do with people from the republic (i hate the term southern irish) serving in the BA??

gatecrash wrote: »
    Oh, and what the hell does Che Geuwotsisface have to do with people from the republic (i hate the term southern irish) serving in the BA??

Yeah, try telling someone from Malin that he is Southern Irish!

Thanks McA.

I do try to understand where your coming from, I hate Britains history in Ireland too. I'm not going to go too deep into that, the last time I did I was taken completely out of context and received more than one threatening PM so I'll avoid that line of discussion.

Leaving that aside mostly we're talking about soldiering in this forum, I'm a soldier with not an once of interest in military politics - at least until I retire, until then I'll soldier.

If a young lad can not get into the Irish Defence Forces well then I wouldn't hessitate for a moment in recommending a career in the British army, and I'll go out on a limb and say that in my consideration its the very best professional army in the world and to break it down further I think the British soldier is the finest professional soldier, comparable to none.

So why would I deny that experience to a young lad just because of my own nationalist feelings, which I might add are largely redundent since our claim on N.I. were voted away with the Good Friday Agreement.

Well thanks both of you for your replies, sure there is a lot of things I have to say about the BA that you wouldn't agree with, but I think your decent nationalists nevertheless. Unlike some here who seem obsessed with the brits, statements like " They are our closest neighbours, our trading partners and for all intents and purposes our big brother. We rely on them for alot, they ask for nothing in return. " Such servile gombeenism really grings me gears AAAHHHHHHHH :).

Since I made my first post on this thread 2 more british soldiers have been killed, I suppose several more badly wounded. By highlighting that joining the brits is not going to be the happy go lucky adventure some of the young fellas seem to think it is or bringing attention to the immorality that they may have to carry out, well it's a valid point and a point that needs to be made regardless if you want to call it professional soldiery or not.

Well thanks both of you for your replies, sure there is a lot of things I have to say about the BA that you wouldn't agree with, but I think your decent nationalists nevertheless. Unlike some here who seem obsessed with the brits, statements like " They are our closest neighbours, our trading partners and for all intents and purposes our big brother. We rely on them for alot, they ask for nothing in return. " Such servile gombeenism really grings me gears AAAHHHHHHHH :).

Since I made my first post on this thread 2 more british soldiers have been killed, I suppose several more badly wounded. By highlighting that joining the brits is not going to be the happy go lucky adventure some of the young fellas seem to think it is or bringing attention to the immorality that they may have to carry out, well it's a valid point and a point that needs to be made regardless if you want to call it professional soldiery or not.

Is that not the risk of signing up though? What drives so many to do it? And they know that if they die on duty, they'll be given the hero's funeral.

There is a great song by They Might Be Giants called "The Pencil Rain". The lyrics seem to sum up joining an army at war for me.

See if you can find in on youtube.

But that comes down again to being a professional. Politicians can sign documents and before you know it you are sent to a corner of the world you have never heard of. You have to get on with it. It's the same in other walks of life. People in industry working hard, doing a great job but not agreeing with the direction their senior management is taking things.
    He is just making the valid point that been a soldier has it's political agenda. As you say, most of those who sign up for the BA do not do so because they believed in the bullsh1t of taking out Saddam and his weapons of mass destruction etc But at the same time, it's not that simple that a grown adult can wash their hands of the respondcibilty of the agenda they wish to serve. The Waffen SS, those in former Yugoslavia, Rwanda etc would throw you the same line, " I'm a soldier, I don't ask questions" as their excuse.

Is that not the risk of signing up though? What drives so many to do it? And they know that if they die on duty, they'll be given the hero's funeral.

There is a great song by They Might Be Giants called "The Pencil Rain". The lyrics seem to sum up joining an army at war for me.

See if you can find in on youtube.
    Curiosity, are you in the military yourself Terrontress ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

but that has nothing to do with joining the british Army, that is all about being a soldier. Ireland is pretty much the only country in europe that does not have a significant presence in Afghanistan at the moment, so the issue of it being a happy go lucky experience is not valid. being a soldier is not about happy go lucky experiences.

I know you often slate him and I do take his books with a huge pinch of salt, but you should read Andy mcNab's latest book, Seven Troop. He talks about Northern Ireland and his time there as part of the SAS and in the Det. he quite openly admits that if he is no different to the kids brought up on the bogside, but as he was born in London he joined the BA and therefore he was a soldier on a different side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

but that has nothing to do with joining the british Army, that is all about being a soldier. Ireland is pretty much the only country in europe that does not have a significant presence in Afghanistan at the moment, so the issue of it being a happy go lucky experience is not valid. being a soldier is not about happy go lucky experiences.

I know you often slate him and I do take his books with a huge pinch of salt, but you should read Andy mcNab's latest book, Seven Troop. He talks about Northern Ireland and his time there as part of the SAS and in the Det. he quite openly admits that if he is no different to the kids brought up on the bogside, but as he was born in London he joined the BA and therefore he was a soldier on a different side.

Thats bollocks. They occupy other peoples countries by using "weapons" not play station 3's. We are not the same as them.

As for the young man joining the english army/gangsters/terrorists.

All fact!

* Russia just recently is now the worlds No. 1 heroin consumer
    Afganistan produces 95% of the worlds Heroin
    75% of Afghan heroin runs through the KLA in Kosovo into Europe.
    the CIA and MI-6 of Flooding Russia with Drugs

So basically your joining up with this crowd.

" but you should read Andy mcNab's latest book, Seven Troop. " Fred, I know me and you have had many quarrels in the past, and will do so in the future, but seriously, Andy McNabb ?? Jayus the fella has had so many adventures and military service he must have fought in Vietnam, WW2, WW1, the Crimean War, the Battle of Hastings......Ok, I might give it a look when I'm browsing through a book shop. McNabb has sold quite a few books, so he must be quite good in his narrative.

A good book regarding the north by a British soldier is Soldier of the Queen. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soldier-Queen-Bernard-OMahoney/dp/0863222781. Excellent book. The soldier himself doesn't pretend to be a naive but tough squaddie with youthful expectations and thinking he can make a bit of a difference to the world etc.He's a nasty bit of ill educated work, but he doesn't pretend to be any better than he is. For instance, when he talks about hearing John Lennon's assination in New York, he and his buddies based in Germany go into town that night and beat up a few American tourists. No SAS glory and adventure here, just hard bleak reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

There will be slagging, but that's just a fact of life anyway. It's not likely to be violent, just a bit of ribbing, get any bunch of lads together and you will get the same.
    Yeah, ah the lads are great oul' craic
    I think the British soldier is the finest professional soldier, comparable to none.
    Ah the great British soldier. Like the British soldier executed that American mercenary in the Falklands, does that mean that Irishmen joining the British army can be legally executed in the same manner as mercenaries, if captured by enemies of the British army?
    And soldiers join the British army because of their hatred of violence and weapons.

I suppose rejects from the Irish army need a home too

Curiosity, are you in the military yourself Terrontress ?

No, bank official.

IIMII wrote: »
    And soldiers join the British army because of their hatred of violence and weapons.
    Ah yes IIMII, that's it. That's why so many on here hate the IRA, PLO, ETA, anti foreign fighters in Iraq etc because they like violence and weapons, unlike those in the Isreali's, Yanks, Brits who don't do it out of a warped sense of adventure and kicking ass etc. Or in particulair with the Isreali's, a fascist contempt that wouldn't have been seen out of place in the army of the Wermacht.

Sure if the British were not in any part of Ireland, wouldn't all those who had joined the IRA have sponatneously been shooting and bombing regardless as their just Provo psycho's, blood thrusty baby eaters, etc, etc

IIMII wrote: »
    Ah the great British soldier. Like the British soldier executed that American mercenary in the Falklands, does that mean that Irishmen joining the British army can be legally executed in the same manner as mercenaries, if captured by enemies of the British army?

What are you talking about here???

If you have an accusation, back it up. Show a linky

• Advertisement

No, bank official.
    ( Off topic I know but.......Hhhmmmm, well you may have potential, wasn't Captian Mainwarning a bank offical ?? Maybe if we had old Capt Mainwarning running the banks, we wouldn't be in the financial crisis we are at the moment ??

BAP_BBC_5200.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Duffers

Are you aware of how small minded and petty you come across McFarmalite? EVERY single oppurtunity you find to have a dig, you take it, to the point of giving it 'oh yeah, two more have been killed, so that shows etcetc' FFS, they WILL BE TOLD what they are getting into in the AFCO, they don't sugar coat it, its just that lads like minidazzler are so keen they just want to crack on and do it.
    For the record, there are very, very few people I met in the British Armed Forces who match McArmalite here in terms of being devisive, petty and narrow minded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Thats bollocks. They occupy other peoples countries by using "weapons" not play station 3's. We are not the same as them.

All fact!

you have made up the CIA and MI6 bit,so its not only a lie ,its a impossibility, shouldent that be on the fantasy forum with the elvis is alive crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

All fact!

Yes, i know, that's why its not a happy go lucky experience. just as it would not be if an irish national decided to join the german, US or err, dare I say it, the polish army who are, i believe, playing a very active part in ISAF.

as for the CIA and MI6 flooding Russia with drugs, I though ex KGB players had that pretty much sewn up themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I hate Britains history in Ireland too

I've emboldened the operative word here, for McArmalite's benefit...

• Advertisement

Duffers wrote: »
    For the record, there are very, very few people I met in the British Armed Forces who match McArmalite here in terms of being devisive, petty and narrow minded.

I know a lot of people, who have met a lot of men that are those three things.
    One of them that got an SA80 pointed in the face as he was going to school, something some of the people lounging about here will never understand.

Or try this fella, hes quite an idiot; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2o5Q5ahKQ

One of them that got an SA80 pointed in the face as he was going to school, something some of the people lounging about here will never understand.

Or try this fella, hes quite an idiot; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2o5Q5ahKQ

Do you think that making the British Army a closed shop to Irish people is going to improve that?

It is Irishmen who would think of joining who are likely to be open minded and likely to be a positive influence on the British Army.

Surely that can only be a good thing?

You know a lot of poeple Peri.... youth groups from DPRK, friends who've been there, people who've had loaded live weapons pointed at them...

It seems to me that it's a good thing i don't know you personally..... sounds dangerous.

You know a lot of poeple Peri.... youth groups from DPRK, friends who've been there, people who've had loaded live weapons pointed at them...

It seems to me that it's a good thing i don't know you personally..... sounds dangerous.

When I'm not a Mod here and can show some bias, I'll thank that post!.

Hilarious!.

When I'm not a Mod here and can show some bias, I'll thank that post!.

Hilarious!.

Let me guess, until then I get an infraction for going OT!!! :p;)

Classic.

Waiting for Mart to back up his post.

Do you think that making the British Army a closed shop to Irish people is going to improve that?

It is Irishmen who would think of joining who are likely to be open minded and likely to be a positive influence on the British Army.

Surely that can only be a good thing?

Good point. I might join the KKK and see what I can do. Infact, had I have been around in WWII, I could have joined the SS. Surely that can only be a good thing.

There goes playing hard to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

To everyone saying someone should not join the brits answer me this.

If an Irish Citizen of 26 Years of age wants to start a Military Career , How do you suggest they go about it?

Zambia232 wrote: »
    To everyone saying someone should not join the brits answer me this.

If an Irish Citizen of 26 Years of age wants to start a Military Career , How do you suggest they go about it?

I know someone who is a good Career Guidance Counsellor. Perhaps a visit to a qualified one would be more appropriate than asking for advice on alternative militaries on a forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Just because you don't know, doesn't mean you should care. Its called political ignorance. The British Army are one of the biggest terrorists in the world. They have beaten priests and raped nuns, beaten civilians in the streets and those were of your own country. They insured the suffering of thousands of your own countrymen. They insured poverty of these thousands for th last 80 years. This wasn't the IRA, this was the British Army's doing who in collusion with the loyalist guerrilla groups attacked West Belfast with a view of wiping out ALL catholics in that area, that is how the barricades you might have seen on history documentarys were set up. That included all innocent omen and children. The Britis Army have come infront of the European Court of Human Rights numerous times for murdering so many unarmed civilians. You saw the bombing of Kabul which was not only an illegal war but obliterated the city which murdered more innocent civilians including thousands of women and children.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement