Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Duvet Storage

Options
  • 05-07-2009 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hope this (broadly!) falls into the DIY category! I have a spare double duvet and very little space to store it. Squashed it into a suitcase and put it under the bed but it was too high and pushed against the mattress. I've never used those vacuum storage bags but they look pretty nifty! Can I get one big enough for a double duvet? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Probably a really silly idea which just popped into my head. Why not lay out the double duvet underneath the mattress of your bed, if it's a double bed? Haven't a clue if it would work and it would squish it to bits, but i'm assuming it's a guest one...so.....:-) Save you buying a vacuum bag and it would double your comfort :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

GENIUS! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Vacuum bags are excellent. Don't buy the JZL ones... I'll post the brand I use later. Fun to use and great for summer / winter clothes and baby stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Just use a heavy duty rubbish sac and some tape.
    Fit the duvet into the bag, gather the opening of the bag around the hose/neck of the vacum hose. Using your hands to choke it around the hose, Vacum away, keep going until it can get no smaller. This could take two minutes, you will be surprised just how small it can get.
    Quickly tie off the bag's neck and wrap the greatly reduced duvet in tape to keep its shape.
    It might require two people at first but once you have done it few times you will ace it.

Advertisement