Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series you gave up on?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

once again, if u didnt like half life 2... you are RETARDED. deal with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

damn :( does this mean i can park in handicapped spaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Jazzy wrote: »
    once again, if u didnt like half life 2... you are RETARDED. deal with it

Jeez, that's a bit harsh.

TomCo wrote: »
    Jeez, that's a bit harsh.

nope, not harsh enough. its like saying "the godfather was ok a film". stop being RETARDED. if u dont realise or know why half life 2 was so good then u should be culled and used by EA as sample produce. its fukin idiocy to say that game was "meh". fukin point blank idiocy. no amount of "my opinion" will dig u out of that. ur just plain dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Sonic
    Total War
    Age of Empires
    Command and Conquer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

nope, not harsh enough. its like saying "the godfather was ok a film". stop being RETARDED. if u dont realise or know why half life 2 was so good then u should be culled and used by EA as sample produce. its fukin idiocy to say that game was "meh". fukin point blank idiocy. no amount of "my opinion" will dig u out of that. ur just plain dumb

We're entitled to our own opinions jazzy theres no reason to say it our disliking of hl2 was retarded. I just didnt like it, end of. deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Naikon wrote: »
    The Half life series.

The original and opposing force are the only
    truly spectacular games to come from Valve.

Half life 2 and the following episodes approach
    were a bit of a dissapointment personally for me.

Steam is a hack, never liked the authentication required
    to unlock/play games.

DRM at it's finest : \
    played Half life and opposing force. how big a let down was Half life two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Tomb Raider games were great until they went to PS2 and changed the control functions, just gave up on it after that, pity as the first 4 or 5 games were awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

"the godfather was ok a film"
    I'd rather play HL2 again than watch the Godfather again... what's that make me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lies.

HL2 was a glorifed physics engine like crysis was a showcase for graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Shocked to see people don't like Half Life 2 but there's no need for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Pro Evolution Soccer. Gets worse every year it seems...lack of innovation I think! PES 4 is still the best imo. Switched over to Fifa this year...much better!

Amen to that. Really annoyed at 6 in particular, when it went on Xbox Live - laggiest, least reliable online experience I've ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Call of duty

Theyve been rehashing the exact same game since COD1 yet the majority of people cant seem to see this and instead **** themselves dry over how infinity ward are gods among programmers and how COD4 IS LIEK DE BEAST EVAR GAEM!!

Silent hill

It got **** after SH2. SH3 had its moments but the ending was appalling and the game largely forgettable. Havent bothered with any other after 2.

Medal of honour

They really did suck after allied assault/frontline. Frontline wasnt even that good, it was just good for a PS2 FPS, it was **** compared to allied assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

0ubliette wrote: »
    Call of duty

Theyve been rehashing the exact same game since COD1 yet the majority of people cant seem to see this and instead **** themselves dry over how infinity ward are gods among programmers and how COD4 IS LIEK DE BEAST EVAR GAEM!!

Silent hill

It got **** after SH2. SH3 had its moments but the ending was appalling and the game largely forgettable. Havent bothered with any other after 2.

Medal of honour

They really did suck after allied assault/frontline. Frontline wasnt even that good, it was just good for a PS2 FPS, it was **** compared to allied assault.

What about Battlefield, do you still love Battlefield?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

kaimera wrote: »
    lies.

HL2 was a glorifed physics engine like crysis was a showcase for graphics.

Get the infidel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

kyp_durron wrote: »
    What about Battlefield, do you still love Battlefield?

I totally forgot about BF da058ne252l7kgbetoz.gif

Battlefield went to ****, arguably, with BF2. BF2 was a good game but with massive flaws, and it was the poster boy for paid for DLC. Up til BF2, all content had been free and was included in patches. So ill never forgive EA for using BF as its testing ground for cash cow milking.

Then we had the excerable 2142, another cheap cash in. 'Lets stick lazers pew pew in battlefield and chuck it out the door'. :rolleyes:
    The only BF ive enjoyed lately was Bad company. It was surprisingly good in single player and multi.

This BF1943 is another ****ing cash in, do you remember the BFV patch that had a remake of all the pacific maps from 1942, one brand new map, upgraded to BFV graphics engine, and was FREE?
    Yeah, thats BF1943, only now they want 20 quid for it. **** off.

Stephen wrote: »
    Get the infidel!
    now now!

I have HL2 since it was on sale and yeah; at the time great but I'm replaying it + EP1/EP2 atm and it's not as good as I remember; amazing engine but a bit bleh (and the car handles like muck)

Maybe I'm just bored with SP pc games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenosaga I gave up on. I own all 3 episodes. I thought Xenogears was really good so played Xenosaga out of duty and hated every minute off it after the excellent opening. I gave Xenosaga 2 a go and it annoyed me and just gave up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

small aside. which had better ending. Half life or opposing force. thought it was a lot harder to kill the alien in opposing force.

i love drunk jazzy. hes tough and uncompromising... just like Monkfish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

UT - The original was awesome. The 2003 version was some improvements but overall a wrong turn. Last version I bought. Everything since then has gotten worse and worse until Epic have finally thrown their hands up and gone off to make racing games or something.

Total War - I fell for the "Oh we fixed the AI, honest!" hype for Medieval 2. Last game I bought from this series. Have given up on the series entirely at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Bought every single version of pro evo soccer but this year i will pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Final Fantasy & Resident Evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Final Fantasy probably, havent bought a game past 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I never usually give up on a series of game, but I occasionally grow tired of a complete genre. At the moment I have no real interest in FPS's or Sandbox games. I slogged through PROTOTYPE then gamesenders kindly sent me inFamous, these games where closely following on the heals of Mercenaries 2, Saints Row 2 and the never to be finished GTA 4.

I doubt I'll ever finish inFamous so I'm going to send it back.

FPS's, the same thing. I just played too many of them in a row and the only thing that separates them is the gimmicks. L4D was probably the last FPS I enjoyed, but even that starts to feel formulaic after a while.

Current into fighters and getting more into RPGs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

now now!

I have HL2 since it was on sale and yeah; at the time great but I'm replaying it + EP1/EP2 atm and it's not as good as I remember; amazing engine but a bit bleh (and the car handles like muck)

Maybe I'm just bored with SP pc games

In fairness most games have no replay value. The same goes for anything.

Doesn't mean it isn't a great game and certainly doesn't mean you should give up on the HL series because the second one didn't play as good, second time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I have never seen the Godfather films or played any of the Half Life games... Hate to think what Jazzy thinks of me :D.

Prince of Persia really lost me with their last game. Hopefully it was just a new thing they were trying and know it didnt work but I would be very reluctent to buy another one.

Fifa after I turned 12 ;)

Resident Evil and Silent Hill those 2 games were amazing at the start, then Resi brought out Survivor which lost me a bit and I didn't enjoy the latest Silent Hill. But not sure if I will give up on them they are to dear to me

thebman wrote: »
    In fairness most games have no replay value. The same goes for anything.

Doesn't mean it isn't a great game and certainly doesn't mean you should give up on the HL series because the second one didn't play as good, second time round.
    oh far from it! the HL series is awesome; just HL2 isnt the second coming as some would have you believe!

EP3 and HL3 (whenever) I'll be there waiting on my steam download :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

amazing engine but a bit bleh (and the car handles like muck)

I agree. I tried playing through HL2 recently, even with the cinematic mod that makes it look amazing, and it just feels like a slog for the most part. I mean when I played it first I was blown away, but games have moved on since then and it has been bettered numerous times since.

I, however, don't see why anyone would "give up" on the series. They have continued to progress the story and evolve the gameplay, with the episodes having pockets of action much closer together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

inforfun wrote: »
    Bought every single version of pro evo soccer but this year i will pass.

In the same mindset as you at the moment, but if the online was perfect, would that bring you back??

Advertisement