Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbelievable!

Options
  • 06-07-2009 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

Hi kumate_champ07,

You have been banned from Bargain Alerts for the following duration:

1 Month(s)

for the following reason:

Stupid pointless post

i made a thread about saving money by handwashing which ive been doing the past couple of weeks and saving up to 6euro a week. i was trying to make people more aware of how easy it is and if you are jobless you certainly have the spare time for it. most young people these days have never handwashed. the thread wasnt even locked, it was deleted!

i know ive been banned before and i have questioned the banning but in this case im 100% sure i shouldnt have been banned. i just dont get it, what other forum should i have posted it in? how is it a stupid pointless thread when its saving me 6euro a week? thats almost 6cans of beer!(which i dont drink at the mo)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You like feedback, dont you? Is it because you are, week by week getting banned from all forums?

Suck it up and cop on. They cant all be wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Kiera wrote: »
    You like feedback, dont you? Is it because you are, week by week getting banned from all forums?

Suck it up and cop on. They cant all be wrong!

ok, tell me why i deserved a 1month ban for this.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61008376

• Registered Users Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

we like are washing machines around here

harvey norman will give you 50€ off one if you spend over 200€, thats what you call a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

A bargain is something you buy at a lower price than you normally would. Hand washing your clothes is more of a... survival skill? I wouldnt say it was ban worthy alone, but I dont know your history.

we like are washing machines around here

harvey norman will give you 50€ off one if you spend over 200€, thats what you call a bargain
    Can you haggle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Can you haggle?

*shrug* you could try

A bargain is something you buy at a lower price than you normally would. Hand washing your clothes is more of a... survival skill? I wouldnt say it was ban worthy alone, but I dont know your history.

my history? it was a simple instructional helpful post. ive never had any trouble in that forum and im not getting banned in all forums week by week.

if it wasnt suitable for that forum i wouldnt have minded it being moved or locked but a 1 month ban??

You are on the site 2 months and all you seem to do is cause a stink over things that "are not fair" to you. Its getting old!

You are on the site 2 months and all you seem to do is cause a stink over things that "are not fair" to you. Its getting old!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=61008376

was it fair?

"all i seem to do?" i have given alot of helpful posts in fitness and photography.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=61008376
    was it fair?

"all i seem to do?" i have given alot of helpful posts in fitness and photography.
    Your link is borked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Complaints about moderation, inquiries regardings bans/infractions, and things of that kind should be posted in the Help Desk forum, found under the sys menu. Feedback is for general feedback about boards.ie, it is not the complaints department.

Your link is borked.

i thought mods could read deleted threads?

can a mod move this thread to the relevant forum/helpdesk then please?

kiera if you havent seen the thread in question why have you already made up your mind?

i thought mods could read deleted threads?

Mods of the relevant forum can, so can admins, which is why the Help Desk system is for this kind of thing since only relevant mods and admins can reply to you there.

kiera if you havent seen the thread in question why have you already made up your mind?

Kieras opinion to this matter is completely irrelevant, as is mine, since nobody is in a position to address this matter but the mods of Bargain Alerts and the admins.

/points at Help Desk again

orestes wrote: »
    Kieras opinion to this matter is completely irrelevant, as is mine, since nobody is in a position to address this matter but the mods of Bargain Alerts and the admins.

/points at Help Desk again

can this thread not be moved?
    im sending the mod in question a msg now. i dont know why kiera had to be so nasty.

im sending the mod in question a msg now. i dont know why kiera had to be so nasty.
    I'm sorry. I wasnt trying to be nasty towards you. I just think you are too quick to run to Feedback. You are only now pm'ing the mod, which is what you should have done in the first place.

It can be, but since there are so many replies from users who are not in a position to deal with this matter (myself included) it is possible that either this will be locked and you are advised to start a Help Desk thread, or this thread will be moved and all off-topic posts in it be removed. Either or really since both courses of action will lead to a Help Desk thread on the same subject, so tomato tomato really. :)

I'm sorry. I wasnt trying to be nasty towards you. I just think you are too quick to run to Feedback. You are only now pm'ing the mod, which is what you should have done in the first place.

ok thanks.
    im actually a nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

so tomato tomato really :)

Its a shame that saying doesnt work in writing =\ not that i havent tried a lot :-P

• Advertisement

It can be, but since there are so many replies from users who are not in a position to deal with this matter (myself included) it is possible that either this will be locked and you are advised to start a Help Desk thread, or this thread will be moved and all off-topic posts in it be removed. Either or really since both courses of action will lead to a Help Desk thread on the same subject, so tomato tomato really. :)

i love this place.

i dont know why kiera had to be so nasty.

Without sounding like a smart ass, the boy who called wolf and all that I would imagine, sorry dude

magicianz wrote: »
    Its a shame that saying doesnt work in writing =\ not that i havent tried a lot :-P

tomato tomAtO

Without sounding like a smart ass, the boy who called wolf and all that I would imagine, sorry dude

not exactly, my other bannings were questionable, this had absolutely no merit.

ban has been lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Thread closed.

kumate_champ07. Threads about moderation desicions go to the Help Desk, not Feedback
    it was a simple instructional helpful post

FYI - it may have been. Bargain Alerts wasn't the place for it. There is a difference between a bargain alert and what you posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement