Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shoes for that extra jump

Options
  • 06-07-2009 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

i have a fairly decent shot and an ok jump im 5'10 and wanna get a shoe with best possible jump potential .......and before people suggest just training ....i do i just think the best gear would help too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

No runner will make you jump higher. Fact.

If you want to jump higher, you need to work on leg strength, plyometrics and jump technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

shoes arent really going to help you. training... tis all about training and technique..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

http://www.hoopskills.com/jumping/jumpsoles.html

These used to be advertised in all the magazines when i was a kid. Apart from looking like a one way trip to A&E with a series of torn ligaments, they're about as close to "jump shoes" as you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

try box jumps.

You can prob jump higher in your bare feet than without any shoe. Maximum contact with the ground. Thats how i train at the gym and my ankles are very strong now.

Advertisement