Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Ideas

Options
  • 06-07-2009 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Decided to have a little get-together this weekend. Mostly we're always going out to nightclubs but I'm kind of getting sick of it every single weekend. So I thought I'd have one to add a little spice to life.

I already decided I'd give it a posh/dinner party theme. My friends liked the idea so I'm making everyone dress kinda formal (waistcoats, cocktail dresses the lot) and I'm going to serve wine (and I'll have my fake gold cigarette case and Cruella de Ville cigarette holder -seriously, I got it in Ad Hoc!). And make dinner of course. I was thinking of taking the total piss and having a drunken sing-song with the piano but unfortunately I lack a damn piano :(.

Anyway, what else should I include? Bear in mind we're all late teens and don't have much money to spend (I'll be getting CHEAP wine, like Tesco Rose and 2.50 EUR Lambrusco hehe. Three or so bottles usually gets me twisted). So what sort of food can I serve without spending lot? Also, any other kind after-dinner activities I could include?

I'm thinking of making someone dress up and act as a Butler as well...

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Nice idea, Got with something really easy like Chicken, Pasta and Carbanara sauce. Really hard to get wrong and the last thing you want to is be fussing over some fancy food.

Download videos from you tube of people playing the piano and have that running in the background on the computer or TV (very posh touch!:))

Three bottles or so... love when people brag about their problems like its a good thing. They have meetings ya know - and save the liver protests!

Advertisement