Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guardianship and will

Options
  • 06-07-2009 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

hi all. has anyone else been through the process of signing joint guardianship forms? and also makin wills to declare guardianship for your child for after you both die? i presume a visit to a solicitor will sort out bith but am just wonderins if it's as simple as that and how much i should exoect to pay? thans a mil. perhaps this should be in the legal form but becuase im thinkin of both in respect of my son i thought other parents may have the information to mind. thanks a lot :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

hi all. has anyone else been through the process of signing joint guardianship forms? and also makin wills to declare guardianship for your child for after you both die? i presume a visit to a solicitor will sort out bith but am just wonderins if it's as simple as that and how much i should exoect to pay? thans a mil. perhaps this should be in the legal form but becuase im thinkin of both in respect of my son i thought other parents may have the information to mind. thanks a lot :)

There was a recent thread on the issue:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055603902

We made a will a while back. It's very straightforward, don't worry.

We just specified who would execute our estate (lol - our houses basically) and be his guardian in the event of us dying.

Our solicitor did it for free, IIRC.

Advertisement