Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Video Library Details

• 06-07-2009 2:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Right, this one thing has been annoying me for ages and I cant find the solution online anywhere..
    I have the xbox hooked up to an external hard drive to play films and episodes off and I would really like to edit the details of a video. I am talking about that tab-thing(?) when you first select a video and the first tab(?) has the option play and the second contains a picture of the video with it's details underneath. Its these details I want to edit.
    It could be a blindingly obvious thing, but any help is appreciated.

*edit* Its maybe a description tab I want to edit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You can't edit them from the xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

You can't edit them from the xbox.
    I am aware of that. I would need to use the laptop. Is there any particular program that will allow me to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

If the HD is just hooked up to your XBox, cant you plug it into your laptop and edit it them through that like you would with regular files.

LD 50 wrote: »
    If the HD is just hooked up to your XBox, cant you plug it into your laptop and edit it them through that like you would with regular files.

I can. It just I dont know what it is that I am meant to be editing. Its not like I can just go into WMP and edit it's details, (afaik).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

If you hook it up to a windows based laptop just use windows explorer then right click and rename the file/ folder. Is it a NAS or just a usb hdd accessed thru your network ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The only detail you can edit (so far as I am aware) is the filename.

Hangover wrote: »
    If you hook it up to a windows based laptop just use windows explorer then right click and rename the file/ folder. Is it a NAS or just a usb hdd accessed thru your network ?
    I dont want to rename the file and its usb.

I havent explained it properly, so let me do it this time.
    If you go onto the XBM and d/l a video, such as the Netflix Press Briefing, there are three tabs. The first Has Play and Delete. The Second has the details, such as a picture and size. The third has a description of the video. Now in this example it only has " E3 2009", but I have seen vids with a full deception. What I want to do is edit my files (such as an episode from a season of American Dad) on my external hdd to have a description of what happens in the episode.
    Can it be done, and how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

Ok, so what you want to do is add a tag with episode description but you dont know where to add this info for it to show in the library ? Probably best to jump onto the XBMC forum and search there or in the XBMC manual as there is a section on library tags etc.

http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=TV_Shows_(Video_Library)

Advertisement