Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry lumps on dog

Options
  • 06-07-2009 3:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

hey everyone my 5yr old labrador has 5 dry lumps all over her body some big and small ones. one was bleeding a little the other day too. She had two fatty lumps removed before also. what causes all these lumps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Erm. Get to a vet.

Could be skin cysts, could be a lot worse. Please, don't hold off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

could be lipomas, cysts, who knows, the only way to know for sure is for the vet to biopsy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Vet vet vet - the quicker the better, and the sooner you'll know what it is. Hope it's not serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

our king charles has one also under his mouth, he often be rubbing his snout off the ground.

just by chance today i came across the lump while washing him, is this a vet job? its a large ish lump stuck onto his skin, i was half thinking of pulling it off but thought otherwise...

what would a vet do/?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I wouldn't pull anything off your dog -- just god forbid it started bleeding or something?
    I know it's not cheap to run to the vet with every little thing but even ring your vet and describe it see what they say. I wouldn't be trying to remove it myself without knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

star-pants wrote: »
    I wouldn't pull anything off your dog -- just god forbid it started bleeding or something?
    I know it's not cheap to run to the vet with every little thing but even ring your vet and describe it see what they say. I wouldn't be trying to remove it myself without knowing.

I ruled that out, gonna take him to the vet in the morning, god knows what vets charge these days. It seems to be dormant on him for years so cant be too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

The lumps have practically gone after giving her a good wash we were thinking they may have been bites but were going to get her checked out just in case. There is a pic of her below! thanks guys x

Advertisement