Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capturing desktop footage onto mini DV

Options
  • 06-07-2009 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Bah I did this years ago but I can't remember how I did it.

I've connected my mini DV cam to my PC and I'm trying have it so what displays on my PC displays on my camera. So I can record video game footage onto my camera. I just can't get it to display on my camera though, dunno wtf I'm doing wrong.

Its a old minidv cam at this stage, Sony DVR PC8. Can't find the manual. I know for sure that I did this before though ,years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I dont know how you'd do it live, though it should be possible. What I'd do is use something like fraps to create an AVI of your screen, then transfer it back with your editing software. I dunno if WinDV will go from drive to tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

I dont know how to do this either but another way is to capture your screen with camtasia screen capture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

many pc's/ laptops have an svideo out. set your graphics card to output a clone of your desktop on svideo. connect s to s cable to your camera and bingo.
    Otherwise the desktop capture route would work but will probably be sluggish. camstudio is one of the better ones.

Advertisement