Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do guys think?

Options
  • 06-07-2009 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been friends with this guy for about 3 years now and love him to bits as a friend of course and now i'm thinkin maybe more. He told me ages ago that we're just friends and i've totally agreed cos neither of us are each others type. However we've kissed and now i totally dunno if I like him or not. He says we're still friends but i dunno if i can be now. I know this sounds stupid but i'm really confused is it worth damaging our friendship?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Sorry to sound unromantic,but kisses really don't mean anything.
    I'd say half the people I've kissed,probably more,I only barely liked lol.
    Espically if drink was involved?if he clearly doesn't feel akward then why should you?

As for do you like him more than a friend?I guess you have to think it out in your head.Think of how certain situtions would feel with him.Is it something you would feel totally comfortable with?Is it something you would like?

Alot of the time people see things through rose colopured glasses,and it's not until it actually happens that they realise they made up this image or feeling in their head.
    Have you only had these feelings about him since ye kissed?
    You could just be feeling a bit confused..?

If you do decide you would like to take things further,don't rush in to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

I agree with TriceMarie on the practical advice side (make your mind up first and take it slow), not on the interpretation though.

There is no simple answer 'what guys think'. Whatever you may have heard or believe, we are individuals, you know, and every one of us ticks differently.

I personally would never kiss anybody unless I was absolutely certain I loved her. For me it's a statement not to be made lightly. I know other blokes will feel different, just using this as concrete rebuttal to the 'guys don't think anything of a kiss'.

So I'm afraid you'll have to ask him.

Communication is key to any relationship anyway so why not start now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Terodil wrote: »
    I agree with TriceMarie on the practical advice side (make your mind up first and take it slow), not on the interpretation though.

Hmm,looking back now I guess that was a bit too harsh.
    If you've known someone a while before you have a kiss,then yea it can mean something.
    I was kind of talking about randomers you meet and go dancing with in clubs lol :o

But your right about the communication part Terodil.
    Everyone is different.
    But,as for my advice,I stick to that.Think that through before you talk to him.
    Make sure it's something you actually want,so you don't end up embarrased/akward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭VaioCruiser

I've been friends with this guy for about 3 years now and love him to bits as a friend of course and now i'm thinkin maybe more. He told me ages ago that we're just friends and i've totally agreed cos neither of us are each others type. However we've kissed and now i totally dunno if I like him or not. He says we're still friends but i dunno if i can be now. I know this sounds stupid but i'm really confused is it worth damaging our friendship?

Not until you make a decision.

Advertisement