Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bored in carlow

Options
  • 06-07-2009 7:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

can anyone think of anythin excitin to do in carlow?

foundrys crap and gettin sick of goin out :( im only 21 shudnt be this bad HELP!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lilltanya1

Get a few friends together and get out of Carlow for a night, never know you might appreciate whats here more then, Galway is cool..
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

babybel21 wrote: »
    can anyone think of anythin excitin to do in carlow?

foundrys crap and gettin sick of goin out :( im only 21 shudnt be this bad HELP!!!!

Im afraid there isnt all that much to do really. There's the cinema which show great movies :rolleyes:...........then theres the ermm......dome?

I dont know, what are you into?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

agree with you there, babybel.
    there is fe** all to do in carlow, you got the foundry, levs, and oloughlins. if your not in one of those three pubs, its all auld men. if you want to go out for an alcahol free night, your boned. did i hear some one corrently they are closely the dome?
    I do recommend going out side of carlow for a night out. what me and my friends regularly do(and you will laugh) is we go swimming and then go out for a small meal after wards, but its usually pizza hut or similar so undoes what good we do! but it usually give us a pleasent night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

it really depends on what you're into and what your talking about.

Are you talking about night time activities or day time activities?

Are you into any sports or anything?

Give us some info and see what comes back....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 babybel21

dunno really guess im talkin either night or day time. I enjoy anythin. willing to give anythin a go once thats why i'm seein what else is der to do. the dome is full of kids and scumbags most of the time :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭niall3r

go live somewhere else for a while and you will gain an appreciation for carlow. . . .i.e. try spending any extended period of time in tipperary and you will realise that carlow isnt really THAT bleak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

dunno really guess im talkin either night or day time. I enjoy anythin. willing to give anythin a go once thats why i'm seein what else is der to do. the dome is full of kids and scumbags most of the time :(

Ah it is but once you have 5 or 6 together you never notice them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I suppose its all down to personal interest really, whether you are looking for something to do outside of the home or satisfy a hobby of yours but can do it within the home...........if that makes sense :p

Have you looked at the Carlow Volunteering website, lots of places advertised varying in hours, as many as you want to do or can spare really.
    http://www.volunteercarlow.ie/

Summer is here, and there is plenty of natural beauty to be seen in Carlow, some amazing places and walks that you wouldnt believe! Get a bag on your back, camera in hand and take a few walks? If you have a car all the better (not so that you dont have to walk of course :p) so you could get to places like Leighlin, Old Leighlin, Killeshin, St Mullins, etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

niall3r wrote: »
    go live somewhere else for a while and you will gain an appreciation for carlow. . . .i.e. try spending any extended period of time in tipperary and you will realise that carlow isnt really THAT bleak.

Ah Tipp isn't as bad as Carlow I can say that much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Probably should make a list of things people have suggested because this issue has come up a few times (made the exact same post as this 12 months ago - I found a soccer team to keep me busy :)) but more suggestions are great

• Advertisement

thanks a million guys really appreciater yer help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Think there's a thread somewhere about things to do already. Should join us on our nights out too :)

ok here goes,

Golf
    Swimming
    Rowing
    Soccer
    Football
    Hurling
    Rugby
    Tennis
    Squash
    Cycle
    Go walking
    Rounders
    Bowling
    Pool
    Snooker

Eat out... (lots of places to eat)
    Stay in.. (order a take-away)
    Pub Crawl
    Visit the alternatives to the Foundry on a night out.

Join us on our Boards beers

That's just my first draught :)
    I've only an hour for lunch so I'm not listing details. If any of the above sound interesting I can offer you more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Amarok

no offense to any carlowers out there but I hate that place not the people mind just the place I get so bored there

Amarok wrote: »
    no offense to any carlowers out there but I hate that place not the people mind just the place I get so bored there

are you from Carlow?

actually, on second thoughts, clearly you're not. Otherwise you'd know we're called Carlovians

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Not originally from carlow and I enjoy it :)

ye organise nights out here? thats mad :) interesting tho?? mayb im not goin out with the right ppl when i go out who knows?? :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ye organise nights out here? thats mad :) interesting tho?? mayb im not goin out with the right ppl when i go out who knows?? :p:D

Nights out are allllll about the company you keep ;)

you should come out on one of the nights here..even though I haven't been on one so really shouldn't be talking but still :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

Wolfe Tones are in The Temple on Thursday night coming.9th of July. A big crowd expected there I imagine.
    Why doesThe Temple not have more live bands like they did years ago?
    I know they are the wrong end of the town for drawing crowds but surely live bands would draw the crowds back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

get a boat a keg and go night fishing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Not originally from carlow and I enjoy it :)

Same here. And I find the nightlife enjoyable although that could be down to the fact that I don't use it every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I hate going clubing think its a waste of home. House parties are better and if you do athletics very very very fun :).

We do. There's a thread here somewhere about the next boards night out. I'll find it and post on it in a minute. The last one was bowling and beers, not at the same time though :( .
    I think we had 10 people at it?

thats deadly i might take ye up on dat offer shud be fun:)

thats deadly i might take ye up on dat offer shud be fun:)

it is fun. The thread is a sticky at the top of the forum, here's the link.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055549955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

hey whats the story with the Ivy Rooms heard they have done it up. Used to go down every summer for the Snooker.

cool i'll go on it now

thanks guys

hey whats the story with the Ivy Rooms heard they have done it up. Used to go down every summer for the Snooker.

Don't quote me on this but I thought they moved. The building where they were located appears to be for sale or rent

http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/The-Ivy-Rooms-First-Floor-Hanover-Carlow-Co-Carlow/43787/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Don't quote me on this but I thought they moved. The building where they were located appears to be for sale or rent

http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/The-Ivy-Rooms-First-Floor-Hanover-Carlow-Co-Carlow/43787/

Correct. They are now located across the road from the Dome..

Advertisement