Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorcycles and traffic

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 danzdan

Quote: rameire
    dont worry about the rain, you will get used to it, and it wont bother you.

I like driving full stop. Rain hail or sunshine. Down side. Some right dodgy country roads when it's raining. Diesel spills and wet slurry. Brum brum! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Save money buy a delorean!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

Del2005 wrote: »
    A friend of mine is a courier and always uses the bus lanes. When he gets stopped, which is rarely, he just tells the Garda that he drives in bus lanes every day past hundreds of Gardai and why are you the only one who stopped me. He's never been done for driving in a bus lane.
    Most Guards will privately tell you, they'd rather if motorbikes and scooters could use the bus lanes, they say it would be safer for the riders, fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Only time i saw a Guard giving a biker a ticket for a bus lane was when the biker got to the end of the bus lane, he went up onto the path...
    Drive like a d*ckhead, get treated like one...
    All about the attitude, both with regard to your driving and also if/when you get stopped by the Gardaí.

Eoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

3 y/o thread

• Advertisement

Well if it's a problem, then boards.ie should remove the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

danzdan wrote: »
    Well if it's a problem, then boards.ie should remove the thread.

Yeah. I often wonder why people/mods are so against bringing up old threads. Sometimes it makes more sense than polluting the internet with an identical new one.

Obviously though, bringing up some old thread about some event that happened 4 years ago, etc., is questionable.

Now I've just changed the topic of the thread. Mods will have a field day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

just cause people start reading from the beginning, and if they see a post and they comment on it... well, you're replying to something someone said years ago. Doesnt make for a very good disussion :)

I disagree. Only if the discussion is about a fixed date or something like that. This discussion related to me because I'm new to boards.ie, I have a motorcycle and thought it a relevant subject to newbie motorcyclist like me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

But then you could be discussing something of relevance and then it goes off topic :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Talk about getting knit picky. If this is the case all threads should be removed after 2 weeks. But there not removed. I looked up motorcycles. This thread came up. I didn't look at the date. I left a comment. Done and done. Roll eyes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

danzdan wrote: »
    Talk about getting knit picky. If this is the case all threads should be removed after 2 weeks. But there not removed. I looked up motorcycles. This thread came up. I didn't look at the date. I left a comment. Done and done. Roll eyes!!!

Ride on baby...wherever there's Tarmac..or in fact any surface.

Last time I got pulled on a bike was on tallaght bypass. Had to wait for the squad car to catch up with me after accelerating away from the lights in traffic. The old banger they were driving filtered up the middle through the cars(causing them to go into the hard shoulder). And then pulled up beside me. Pulled me in..asked if it was a 400cc as he had one himself. Told him was 1000cc. He responded by telling me I took off at huge speed..my response was..that's how it accelerates to the speed limit and I ease the throttle off then. Sent on my way. Off I went. Thanks.

Advertisement