Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hancook Tyres

• 06-07-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi,

does anyone know if they're any good? I do about 800kms per week and am changing my front tyres (the existing front were only changed about 4 months ago and will be moved to the back)......I rang my local dealer and I was looking for Bridgestone, but the best they have is Hancook - if they're rubbish, I'd need to know........

Ta,

CJM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭mcmc

I had some on my old lanos and got many a mile out of them, But i was not doing anything near 800km a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

cjmcork wrote: »
    Hi,

does anyone know if they're any good? I do about 800kms per week and am changing my front tyres (the existing front were only changed about 4 months ago and will be moved to the back)......I rang my local dealer and I was looking for Bridgestone, but the best they have is Hancook - if they're rubbish, I'd need to know........

Ta,

CJM.
    I suppose a lot depends on your driving style.

They are very popular.
    Probably not as good as Premium brands but you get what you pay for.

I can reccomend the ones i use
    Sonar 205/45/16
    I burst two fronts there the time of the Ice earlier on this year and could not justify putting two Dunplots back on.
    I rang around and got reccomended these by a good friend of mine.
    I rang the fitting station and they could not praise them enough. They said they were made by Nang-Kang
    I remembered using N/K tyres before and foung them OK.

I went ahead and put them on.
    To be honest. I really would want to push the car ridiculously hard in belting rain to find any difference between them and the Dunlops.

Dunlops were €135 each fitted.
    Got these for €160 fitted for the 2

OH

They are said to be excellent wearing tyre as well. High milers and great grip.
    I wont hesitate in getting them again.;)

i dont know where you live but I got these in
    Rathcormac Tyre Centre.

Hope this helps

** EDIT **
    I suppose your username give a hint to your location so near enough to you. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

In my experiece with the Hankooks on a Landcruiser, I can honestly say they were better than all the others I had fitted before, that includes, Bridgestone, Dunlop, and Pirelli.
    Not better than the BF Goodrich/Michelin but thats understandable given the difference in price.
    I would fit them again.
    Thats my experience with Hankook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I used Hancooks on a VW Caravelle for about 6 years. Fronts lasted about 25k miles and rears lasted up to 60k miles. Rarely got a puncture, never skidded under braking or acceleration, all in all a very dependable tyre in my experience. I was doing up to 50K miles per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Which model tyre?

Some are good, some are not so good:

http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_sommerreifen/hankook/index.html

As of today, these are the list of the most popular Hankook tyres and # different reviews on tyretest.com:
    Tyre Categories Test Reviews

K102 x52
    K104 x112
    OPTIMO K406 x186
    OPTIMO K415 x44
    OPTIMO K715 x85
    RADIAL K701 x45
    VENTUS K102 x51
    VENTUS Prime K105 x354
    VENTUS S1 evo x122
    VENTUS SPORT K104 x462
    Ventus ST RH06 x64
    Ventus V12 Evo x139

Edit, The latter Ventus V12 is an amazing 5th place on the best summer tyre on tyre-test.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement