Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower motor constantly running.

Options
  • 06-07-2009 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I moved into a newly built house a few months ago. In both the main bathroom and ensuite there are triton power showers model AS2000X. Last night the motor in the ensuite shower started by itself, no water coming out just the motor running - I had forgotten to pull the cord after showering last night so power was still going to the shower. Anyway it's stilll going on. If I pull the cord the motor starts, but no water comes out until I push the on / off switch. When I push this again the water stops but motor keeps running. Shower is only in use since January. Any ideas of cause or solution?

Many thanks.
    Mossie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Never heard of it but dont rely on the plumber ring triton techanical. They are very good. There based in barrets of maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

theres no water running through the pump so its working constantly

could be due to an air lock or perhaps some dirt

try this ok ... take the shower head and put it down as low as possible (as into the bath or as close to the shower tray as possible . turn on the shower and let it run for a few seconds.

failing that do contact someone from triton or a plumber . those pumps are not ment to run dry . it wont take long of it to burn out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mossie

theres no water running through the pump so its working constantly

could be due to an air lock or perhaps some dirt

try this ok ... take the shower head and put it down as low as possible (as into the bath or as close to the shower tray as possible . turn on the shower and let it run for a few seconds.

failing that do contact someone from triton or a plumber . those pumps are not ment to run dry . it wont take long of it to burn out

When I push the on / off switch water runs through fine. However when I push the off switch again the water flow stops but the pump keeps going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

mmm sorry i misread . erm to be honest thats very unusual if the power switch was gone it wouldnt turn on and off . might be a problem with a flo switch . your shower is under guarantee . contacting triton direct and aranging a call out would be your best option here .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mossie

The builder sent out the plumber and electrician and they sorted it between them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement