Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken camera screen

Options
  • 06-07-2009 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

When I turn on my camera, the screen is just whote with black lines across it - the frustrating thing is it's working fine, for example if I take a pic, it comes out perfect when I view it on my laptop! Would there be any place who would fix the screen cheap enough or would I be better off jut buying a new camera? I've had the current one about 3 years..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BeQuiet

I had same problem last year...
    its cheaper to buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

I have the same bloody problem, except its not my camera I borke, its someone elses! the camera took a bit of a knock and now only a tiny piece of the screen is visible, the rest is just white. I've been looking around on ebay etc for a replacement screen but not having much joy. If anyone out there has a casio exilim 10 mp camera for sale please let me know, I really don't want to shell out a couple of hundred for a new camera that I won't even own!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

I got a sony cyber shot repaired for my sister a few yrs back. The screen was a round €50 and €40 to fit it.
    Looking back it was hardly worth it, not to mention she dropped it again and damaged the screen!
    If your cam is 3 yrs old, best go for a new one imo.

Advertisement