Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tummy tuck/vhi

• 06-07-2009 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

is it possible to get cosmetic procedures done through the vhi?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I've heard stories of women going to their GPs and claiming to be depressed/suicidal etc over their bodies and being 'prescribed' cosmetic surgery as a last resort to resolving their issues.. You'd want to have some amout of gall to do it though IMO..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

xzanti wrote: »
    I've heard stories of women going to their GPs and claiming to be depressed/suicidal etc over their bodies and being 'prescribed' cosmetic surgery as a last resort to resolving their issues.. You'd want to have some amout of gall to do it though IMO..

A friend of a friend pulled this one off...I couldn't believe it when she told me that it was covered by the medical card !

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

If your GP/Consultant deems it to be medically necessary, they would cover it, however if it is purely for cosmetic reasons it wouldn't be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

lol!thought it might be possible, but I doubt v.much my g.p would let me down this route
    have appointment with the harley medical crew in a fortnight,so will get a price on it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

This reminds me of Burn After Reading.

I'm sorry but I think it's be so wrong to ask for this one to be picked up by health insurance. Maybe you could do that thing where people set up a website asking for charity for a certain thing. This woman drove herself into huge amounts of debt because of shopping and she got her debts paid off by doing this. If 5000 people donated a euro then you could get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭djsctt

Advertisement