Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great things about the Death of the Celtic Tiger

Options
  • 06-07-2009 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Ding Dong the Kitty's Dead!
    We at Kite Books are putting together a list of great things about the death of the Celtic Tiger. Perhaps you can always get a seat in the pub on a Friday night, shop assistants no longer scowl at you, your argument that renting is better than buying finally means something ... We would welcome one or more contributions of under 500 words each. Your contribution may be published in a book. Please post here or send an email to kitebooks@gmail.com.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Linc

Theres Q's of taxis everyehere you look! even at 3pm on a saturday morning, when the stinging in the balls of your feet starts to get completely unbearable, ya just stick out your lámh and viola,your on your way home!

There are special offers and sales on everywhere, €3 pints in the Spawell, not too shabby!

Ive learnt the art of bulk buying and freezing! (ok ok grannyish i know, but i made a shepards pie last night and put it in individual containers and froze for next week, my mother would be proud!!)

The quality of customer care you receive almost everywhere has jumped through the roof! now staff bend over backwards to help you out and are truly understanding the value of your custom!

Interest rate on mortgages dropped dramatically, monthly repayments dropped €300 in my case!

Ive realised the €5 bottle of red from lidl tastes pretty much the exact same as that €11 bottle i loved!

Im grateful for my job now, when 6 months ago i was giving out stink about it!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Eilers

Good title! How about the fact that you no longer have to take out a second mortgage to pay the plumber? We'll have to wait and see if the same will apply to electricians.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Its easier to get to work in the mornings .............less traffic jams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lindybops

this "bubble burst" has left me more sensible about my money now. i got rid of my credit card its gone completely. i used to spend 700 per week on complete crap! shopping going for lunch and out to dinner. the works. but now im managing on strictly 340 and not spending the rest. but also i dont use a bank im skying it closer to home. all my trust has gone from the banks and from the government. this country is a joke false economy is all it was and yet i let myself be drawn in, we need a fresh government now with new ideas not the arogance of the present one , i will get through this mess they got us in but god bless the poor families out there that are finding this the hardest of times ever. all thanks to fine fail

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Do the first three posters all work for Kite Books? Because you're all posting from the same place - even the guy/gal who used to complain about his/her job.

I'm sure those reputable folks at Kite Books wouldn't be trying to pull a fast one or anything like that so you can let me know by PM why you're all huddled around the one computer. Not too slowly please.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement