Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl Wireless Problem

Options
  • 06-07-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

hi Guys

My sister got a HP new lap top.

She is currently with NTL.

She can connect to the Internet with the Ethernet wire, but when it comes to wireless. it wont connect.

It says local only???

I have been calling ntl for the last 4 weeks and they wont help me at all.
    They have hung up on me twice saying there going to transfer me etc.

im currently on hold to them at the moment for 40mins!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

The only thing NTL is known for is its bad customer service. What exactly do you mean by local only? On her computer it says local access only? That's a problem with the settings on the router, which is her problem not the ISPs.

Do you know how to access the routers settings? Check them and see if her machine is allowed access to the internet. Sometimes these things can come with odd default settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

omg!!!Ntl customer service is the worst service is the world. i asked for customer care got through to sales and the ****ning bitch cut me off!!!

Advertisement