Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in tattoos?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 phil cummins

and for the record....the information in the above posts regard numbing cream is incorrect also, the numbing cream, which does work if applied correcly is called EMLA CREAM available only on prescription from your pharmascist -not ELMA!!!- elma is the name of a detergent that is used for cleaning blood and ink out of tattoo and medical equipment in an ultrasonic. if you were to apply this as a numbing agent i dread to see the results. like i said, allways contact a professional tattoo artist and not someone tatttoing from home.as this forum has proven, you cant trust CHEAP TATTOOISTS. I DONT ENDORSE THIS PERSON AND HE SHOULD NOT BE USING MY NAME. thankyou for taking the time to read this, you may be thanking me in the long run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

This doesnt look too good Ian?? In this case all press is definately not good press.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Thank you so much Phil, not that I'd be going to a tattooist who works outta his home, that just sounds dodgy and dirty.

SHAME ON YOU IAN, SHAME ON YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Brilliant turn of events!

and nothing from yer man yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 phil cummins

you sound surprised??

you sound surprised??

Well the accounts been active, I thought he might of said something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I'll let after hours know for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

i am phil cummins. :mad:.

I'm spartacus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hahaha, oh man...

Liars will always be caught out.
    I've seen a lot of dodgy guys come and go through the body modification scene, watch out lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Samantharobert

I went out with Glen about 5 years ago. A brilliant piercer and a masonic satanist per excellence, if you genuoinely trained under him you will be good, but by his confession he cannot draw! Haha
    *melanie* wrote: »
    fair enough, it isnt illegal, but it is totally morally and ethicaly wrong!
    If i were to tattoo a minor, their parents can turn up to my door, with police,and charge me with gbh. and GBH IS illigal.

I did not say i worked in Celestial, if you read back, i said i worked in Skin Graphics, which was bought over by Celestial (dont confuse this Celestial with their first shop in stephens green shopping center) , from phil cummings.
    Approximatly, 6-7 years ago.

As for Glen, who is a good friend of mine, (who has actually put implants in my own arm) , i worked in the tattoo studio across the hall from Glen 7-8 years ago.

Miss Fantasias no longer have a tattoo studio, the last tattooist that worked in miss fantasias went to vegas to get married, and was never seen again! so they then closed it down,and extended their video/dvd room.
    thats a reminder actually...wonder how justin is these days, its been a while! :rolleyes:

also,another bit of info for you, I have also over the years, been helped with general tips and techniques by Shaun from Zulu who when first came to this country worked in miss fantasias, taking over from Phil Cummings and Fish.

would you like to know what i had for breakfast now? LOL! ;) *kidding*

Incidentally, under the none fatal offences against the persons act, a person of the age 16 can consent to surgery without parental consent, so by the strict letter of the law, a 16 year old can be tattooed legally. It's down to an issue of consent. A person can consent to harm but cannot consent to serious harm, and this means serious, like removal of limbs. I am not saying it is morally right to tattoo minors, but it is legal, technically at 16. Keep your GBH to gobbling behind hedges ;)

Source of info: Glen Haha
    I went out with Glen about 5 years ago. A brilliant piercer and a masonic satanist per excellence, if you genuoinely trained under him you will be good, but by his confession he cannot draw! Haha

If i were to tattoo a minor, their parents can turn up to my door, with police,and charge me with gbh. and GBH IS illigal.

I did not say i worked in Celestial, if you read back, i said i worked in Skin Graphics, which was bought over by Celestial (dont confuse this Celestial with their first shop in stephens green shopping center) , from phil cummings.

As for Glen, who is a good friend of mine, (who has actually put implants in my own arm) , i worked in the tattoo studio across the hall from Glen 7-8 years ago.

Miss Fantasias no longer have a tattoo studio, the last tattooist that worked in miss fantasias went to vegas to get married, and was never seen again! so they then closed it down,and extended their video/dvd room.
    thats a reminder actually...wonder how justin is these days, its been a while! :rolleyes:

also,another bit of info for you, I have also over the years, been helped with general tips and techniques by Shaun from Zulu who when first came to this country worked in miss fantasias, taking over from Phil Cummings and Fish.

Not sure where my last reply went but here goes again.

I went out with Glen about 4 years ago, and I call him a brilliant piercer and a masonic Satanist par excellence. If you truly worked with him then you may well be good. He doesn't tattoo as by his own confession he cannot draw. But if you want any info on legalities re age he's the one to talk to. A person at 16 can consent to surgery without parental consent, so can be tattooed or pierced non-intimately at 16 and anything goes at 17. Like it or not, that's the way it is!

Sammi

If you have any further last minute pain dulling techniques now would be a good time to start talking ;)
    Never use Emla for tattoos! As a local anaesthetic of the amide variety it is a vaso-dilator, which means blood vessels are dilated and ink will 'walk' under the skin. If you want a tattoo like that I can suggest someone who can do them! It would be rude to mention names ;)

Test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Xochi

Well well What a day Two good old friends together on one board and both in touch. Maybe god goes spin the dice! Hi Sammi and Phil.

If my memory serves me right and this is the Ian I am thinking of he was indeed briefly working in the tattoo shop but was after Phil's time and as he say correctly, not under him. Sammi's observations about EMLA are true too, you would know she listened to me from time to time! Only diffence it it's actually OTC so therefore can be used effectively for piercings, but like Sam n Phil say a bad idea of ink. And I think Phil knows who Sam is referring to about the tattooist who's ink walks Haha Oh those were the days!

I remember going to a health board meeting with Paddy of Body-shock some 5 years ago where they were talking about outlawing tattooing at home. This was 5 years ago so unless someone does something dreadful, and remeber you would never proove you got Hepatitis from home tattooing as it can be caught anywhere, there would be little case. Again not saying this is likely but as Phil points out, the biggest danger is in the cross handling, not the needle. the wiping and handling of tubes!

And Sammi.. I may be a black magician, but I'm a bloody good one! ;)

Mors Justi

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Xochi

Incidentally Do you remember Grace Phil... the real small one who overlapped with Ratty. Well this is her account, I rarely talk on forums, but anyway, she was before you Sammi, no overlapping there kid! Hehe And Ian remembers Grace for sure, tho again I forget the actual time line.. but not to worry. Yes tattooists are definitely breeding faster than the regular homo-sapiens these days. I say 5 must have opened in Dublin this year alone and that's only in the city even Ballymun and Ballyfermot now! They'll be scratching in that long dark winter we're looking forward to.

G.

Advertisement