Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LLyods not paying !!!

Options
  • 06-07-2009 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

My girlfriend is working in Llyods shoes which is a concession that sells shoes for Burtons clothes shop.
    She is being made leave as she is going travelling for a month.
    She informed them that she will be finshing uo the week before we leave for Thailand this was given verbally,then her manager told her to finish yesterday didnt let her work her two weeks notice,never said anything about getting paid two weeks in Lieu.
    Is she entitled to two weeks pay in Lieu or work the two weeks notice.
    She was been working there for long time and is she entilted too getting her two weeks holiday pay before she leaves?
    Also she gets paid monthly and they left her short a €200 short from last months pay!
    It is such a joke i estimated them to owe her €600 or so.
    She is to nice about it and her manager wont entertain her and is being very difficult wont sort anything out for her and is trying to fob her off.
    I want to see what i can do bout it not getting pushed around.

Can anybody help at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

Anybody!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well what you really need is a solicitor but ok; I'll give it a crack. None of this is legal advice and partly based on assumptions (I'll try write them out).

First of all, how long as she worked in the company and what is the company policy on notice period? If she gave her notice a month ago but the company has two weeks notice and those two weeks where up now then sorry, no go there. As you claim she's worked there for "ages" I'm wondering if she would not faull under 1 month minimum though but it depends on length of service, contract etc.

Secondly, holidays, as she's leaving she has the right to have all outstanding holidays (that would be 10 days this year assuming full 40h employement and no previous holidays this year) paid to her. It is also the only occasion holidays can actually be paid so if there are any carry over holidays those would apply as well.

Third you're saying she's being let go; exactly what do you mean? Do you mean that she was refused to take holiday leave or that the company let her go? If is the second it would imply redundancy (assuming 2+ years of service) where as the first would go back to point one.

Anyway; put it all down in writing what you claim she's missing; don't be snotty about it simply outline your calculations are based on and a total amount etc. Include that you expect an answer with in five working days of reciving the letter to address the issues there in.

Go to the shop and deliver the letter yourself and ask her to sign that she's recieved the letter. She will most likely refuse the second at least; then polietly inform her that you're sending the letter to the main office with the addition that she's refused to accept and address the issues outlined.

Don't go into legal BS or anything like that and simply walk out of the building and do just that; forward the letter along with a second letter saying that you tried to address this with person X the store manager but that she refused to follow up and hence you feel the need to address it directly with the headquarter (all this assuming there is one).

If there is no headquarter and she's the top honcho you're only option will be to contact a solicitor to draft a letter for you; then also include the solicitor fee for failing to address the issue. How ever as an solicitor would cost money this is most likely better handled after her last salary payment (where you can see how much she's actually got paid).

Advertisement