Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought it was a good group until....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

So figure I'll ask this while it's being talked about this whole dual spec business when people talk about having to pay for it do they mean paying blizzard to have to specs or just were it says I want to unlearn my talents at the trainer? Now I put 1 talent point into the wrong talent tree and on a useless talent so if I do that unlearn my talent thing do I get to re-do all my talent points? Also if the dual spec thing is something you pay blizz for what does it entail? Sorry for so much questions but didnt want to start a whole new thread just on this.

Cheers.

P.s on the group thing on my first instance I soulstoned myself the group were not impressed:o cant blame them though reallt haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Ivan wrote: »
    You do like I've done and you role an alt ;)

Before dual spec this would have meant for eg. Warlock, if you wanted PvE and PvP you would have needed to roll a second Warlock. Unrealistic.

Is it so strange to offer unlimited or a high limit number of combinations? You still have to glyph for each one. In reality if they can store multiple spec setups already along with multiple alts, it wouldn't take much more storage to store multiple builds. Even if they charged 1k gold for each extra build option (and all the glyphs you buy afterwords), i'd gladly take that gold drain.
    So figure I'll ask this while it's being talked about this whole dual spec business when people talk about having to pay for it do they mean paying blizzard to have to specs or just were it says I want to unlearn my talents at the trainer? Now I put 1 talent point into the wrong talent tree and on a useless talent so if I do that unlearn my talent thing do I get to re-do all my talent points? Also if the dual spec thing is something you pay blizz for what does it entail? Sorry for so much questions but didnt want to start a whole new thread just on this.

If you pay 1000g you can train to have 2 changeable spec setups. If you mess up putting the points in 1, and want to start over, you still have to pay to respec (that's why wowhead talent calculator is a good place to decide what you want before you start putting points in). You can change between either spec though anywhere you want except in a BG/Arena, or when in combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Just to add to icemans post, you have to be 40+ to be able to get dual specs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;61180971']Before dual spec this would have meant for eg. Warlock, if you wanted PvE and PvP you would have needed to roll a second Warlock. Unrealistic.

Is it so strange to offer unlimited or a high limit number of combinations? You still have to glyph for each one. In reality if they can store multiple spec setups already along with multiple alts, it wouldn't take much more storage to store multiple builds. Even if they charged 1k gold for each extra build option (and all the glyphs you buy afterwords), i'd gladly take that gold drain.

If you pay 1000g you can train to have 2 changeable spec setups. If you mess up putting the points in 1, and want to start over, you still have to pay to respec (that's why wowhead talent calculator is a good place to decide what you want before you start putting points in). You can change between either spec though anywhere you want except in a BG/Arena, or when in combat.
    theres an option in interface where you have to confirm before it saves the talent tree making it exactly like the wowhead one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dubhdara3

The Group leader despite my objections told everyone I was tanking.... I'm a healer

• Advertisement

splinter wrote: »
    theres an option in interface where you have to confirm before it saves the talent tree making it exactly like the wowhead one :)

Cool. I had no idea they added that.

yup. came in with the ulduar and dual spec patch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

dubhdara3 wrote: »
    The Group leader despite my objections told everyone I was tanking.... I'm a healer

I've had that problem only been told to heal when I',m a dps Pally I don't have enough mana to heal for a whole boss fight.

The Shaman we got in to fill a dps slot, didn't know what buff food was, and refused to eat it.

He didn't use any totems and then popped his spectral wolves on the first adds we met, ensuring he couldn't use them when we got to a boss in VH hc.

got a great one from the weekend... went and healed the new heroic and noticed the tank was getting slaughtered by the adds.. crits galore on him, i asked him was he defence capped and his reply was "i duno, how much do i need?"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I thought it was a good group until everyone insisted I tank, even though I'm DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Notorious wrote: »
    I thought it was a good group until everyone insisted I tank, even though I'm DPS.

Or end up tankin, even though your rogue dps as the tank can't hold aggro :P

More than likely end's up wipin then if multiple mobs and evasion has wore off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

It was a good naxx 10 raid til i had to tank the boss that teleports up to a balcony, summons skellies and back again. Pretty much tanked the boss from 2700k to 700k on my boomkin with average dps >.>

I thought it was a good group until...the four horsemen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I thought i was in a good group untill i looked at the dps meters, any my lock in lvl 70 welfare epics was top on dps...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

dubhdara3 wrote: »
    The Shaman we got in to fill a dps slot, didn't know what buff food was, and refused to eat it.

He didn't use any totems and then popped his spectral wolves on the first adds we met, ensuring he couldn't use them when we got to a boss in VH hc.

it's like a 3min cooldown - should of had the time to pop them again, and even then you shouldn't be relying on spectral wolves tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

I thought i was in a good group until the three DKs and a paladin all said they are DPSing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anti wrote: »
    I thought i was in a good group untill i looked at the dps meters, any my lock in lvl 70 welfare epics was top on dps...

It was a good group, your just a warlock , your better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

(happened before)

- Level 80 Hunter asks "How do you make your bow better?"

- Team leader says that you must follow their orders to the letter to complete the instance and didn't even know where Deadmines was (where we were going).

- Healer in the team 3/4 of the way into the instance says "I'm going to level up tailoring now" and hearths out.

- Three members of the team run for an Ore node while in the middle of the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Hobbes wrote: »
    - Three members of the team run for an Ore node while in the middle of the fight.
    lol, usually happens in pugs :D Same for skinnin. Sucks when ur the tank and while mobs comin u gotta pick em up and others in party takin all the leather :(

• Advertisement

Don't. Let them die. Sounds harsh, but they've gotta learn somehow. You don't play your part, you die.

Hunter multishots Hadranox when we're doing the achievement? Let him die.

Mage starts using living bomb like seed of corruption? Let him die.

Deathknight gives you lip? Find out where he lives and kill his family while he watches!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Joined a random OS10 raid today. It was a 9-man mostly-guild run that needed an extra healer, so I joined on my priest as I was overbooked for my own guild's uld run. While it wasn't the smoothest badge run, nobody died. Then we went to VoA...

Buffing up. I asked for BoW twice instead of kings, was ignored. I answered 'no' to ready check, stating i wanted BoW, and asked a fourth time as the pally tank went in for the pull. I just said 'meh' as it was too late. So pally pulled adds, warr tank just taunted, ran to the corner, my Omen went crazy as my renew pulled aggro, and there was a wipe.

While buffing up before next attempt, I pointed out the whole thing about my BoW requests being ignored and was finally given it. So boss attempt went almost the same way; Warrior only taunted without doing anything else, and boss was aggroed away by the dps and caused another near-instant wipe.

3rd time, which was going to be my final time. RL started giving out to warrior saying "just give him all you got". I explain in detail what he did wrong, explain the mechanics of taunt and why he should charge and shield bash, then pull him away. RL told me to shut up, I just tried to tell him I was helping. The other healer then linked recount for the previous wipe, showing he did 65% of all healing and i did 60% of overhealing and that was grounds for me being a noob. Then raid chat went silent while they were talking on vent, and I was removed from the raid!

While waiting to be ported out, I politely informed them that they would not get very far if they weren't willing to take advice and constructive criticism and that healing meters from a 15 second wipe mean absolutely nothing.

/rant

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thought it was a good group until the Warrior tank didnt realise that he had to tank all the mobs in Heroic ToC today and we wiped 3 times...No wait, i never though it was a good group.
    While waiting to be ported out, I politely informed them that they would not get very far if they weren't willing to take advice and constructive criticism and that healing meters from a 15 second wipe mean absolutely nothing.

/rant
    I love when people just wont admit their mistakes, or just wont accept help. But then again, Pugs inevitably end in failure for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Very funny incident there yesterday in Naxx ten.

I was in a pug and all was going well the group had not whiped and was doing nicely. We got to the four hourseman encounter, and I was asked to tank at the back with a healer on me.

So away I went, not having a clue I was doing, and did surprisingly well thanks to a great healer. The encounter was getting a little close to the edge, as my healer started running out of mana rather quickly due to the big hits I was taking, and him having to heal another nearby player.

As I looked like I was about to die after a swop after 3 stacks, the raid leader shouts " ****, Furyio goes down we are ****ed!!" Then a DK replies " Dont worry, I'll get in there and take over" so away the dk goes.

It is at this point, alot of us noticed and commented on the severely low dps on this particular DK, and how he was pretty much filled with tanking gear.

The raid leader queries " Why are you in full tank gear, you said you were pro damage?"

To which, we received the best lol I've ever had in warcraft

"Yeah, my mate told me to check up tanking guides, so ive followed this guide, got some of this tanking gear, so i can literally facemelt everything I come up against."

"....Do you know what a tank does?"

"Well...yeah...he ****ing facemelts, doesn't he"

Frincosky was kicked from the raid

And there was a serious meltdown of laughter,

I thought i was in a good group

but due to issue's entering instances, I'll never know otherwise...

Sorry couldn't help it

I thought i was in a good group

until the OT refused to listen to me(MT) or anyone else and ran ahead in the Plague quarter in Naxx10, without him having been there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

TheDoc wrote: »
    Very funny incident there yesterday in Naxx ten.

I was in a pug and all was going well the group had not whiped and was doing nicely. We got to the four hourseman encounter, and I was asked to tank at the back with a healer on me.

So away I went, not having a clue I was doing, and did surprisingly well thanks to a great healer. The encounter was getting a little close to the edge, as my healer started running out of mana rather quickly due to the big hits I was taking, and him having to heal another nearby player.

As I looked like I was about to die after a swop after 3 stacks, the raid leader shouts " ****, Furyio goes down we are ****ed!!" Then a DK replies " Dont worry, I'll get in there and take over" so away the dk goes.

It is at this point, alot of us noticed and commented on the severely low dps on this particular DK, and how he was pretty much filled with tanking gear.

The raid leader queries " Why are you in full tank gear, you said you were pro damage?"

To which, we received the best lol I've ever had in warcraft

"Yeah, my mate told me to check up tanking guides, so ive followed this guide, got some of this tanking gear, so i can literally facemelt everything I come up against."

"....Do you know what a tank does?"

"Well...yeah...he ****ing facemelts, doesn't he"

Frincosky was kicked from the raid

And there was a serious meltdown of laughter,

'Cos tanks have guns and ****, y'know?! :D

Lulz indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fano

Until the Druid who said he was a healer said "i cant ress u until fight is over"

I was like OMG WTF i thought u sed u were a healer not just around to ress people

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

I thought I was in a good group until...

The tank died pretty damn quick and the healer asked "are you even in defensive stance?"

To which the tank replied: "What's defensive stance?"

That tank was me :o:o:o:o:o (i've gotten better now though!)

same tank asked could he take +healing gear to make his bandages work better... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

af666x wrote: »
    I thought I was in a good group until...

The tank died pretty damn quick and the healer asked "are you even in defensive stance?"

To which the tank replied: "What's defensive stance?"

That tank was me :o:o:o:o:o (i've gotten better now though!)

same tank asked could he take +healing gear to make his bandages work better... :P

hehe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

It's ok now - I've rerolled a mage, so tanking is a thing of the past :D

Advertisement