Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 fixed broadband - any feedback?

Options
  • 06-07-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I work from home and have been using Eircom broadband up to now. The connection is very stable and the speed is good but I don't like when the bills come (I know...who does?) - paying line rental just to get good quality broadband just enrages me!

O2 have created a fixed broadband service (for businesses only I think) for 50 euros per month, including line rental - which would half my bills.

Was wondering if anyone has been using this service and how is it working for you? Again it's not mobile broadband reviews I am looking for but rather fixed broadband...

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This will be re-sold eircom broadband, which will be the exact same as you have right now. The only difference will be price.

How are you paying 100euro a month? eircom's 7Mbps bundle is 60euro a month, incl VAT. O2's price excludes VAT, as it's a business package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 penderphoto

jor el wrote: »
    This will be re-sold eircom broadband, which will be the exact same as you have right now. The only difference will be price.

How are you paying 100euro a month? eircom's 7Mbps bundle is 60euro a month, incl VAT. O2's price excludes VAT, as it's a business package.

Hi Jor El - well I'm on 3Mbps with eircom and pay 50 euros per month just for broadband - then I think it's an extra 25 or so just for line rental. Wouldn't exactly half my bills but it'd be better than eircom!

Thanks for the reply though - very useful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

3mb including line rental is 55pm from eircom, are you sure your not looking at double bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Eircom and O2 are both overpriced to be honest.

What area are you living in? Or if you know what phone exchange are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Hi Jor El - well I'm on 3Mbps with eircom and pay 50 euros per month just for broadband

3Mbps is 30.11 inc VAT from eircom. It would be about 25 ex VAT, or 50 for 2 months, plus 26 for line rental per month.

Check your bills again, and see exactly what you're paying for before doing any comparison. There's nothing special about that O2 price though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement