Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance!

• 06-07-2009 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey Lads,

I got my renewal for my insur and its more then what i pay'd last year,

i paid 1100 on my glanza and the new one is like 1600, anyone have any

good insur companys that would insur for 1100 or less??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 johnroake

who you with at the moment?
    you could try www.insure.ie and www.quoteme.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I presume its Quinn.

Insurance costs have risen so insurance premiums have risen across the board, you could try ringing around to get a better quote but it'll be hard work on a glanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭EasyFold

I got my renewal a while back and found Zurich the only people wanting to negotiate. At the end they were something like Eu200 cheaper than Hib. In saying that I've been with Hin for 4 years and they just couldn't care. The renewal they sant out was cheaper than the previous years but by only about Eur45 which is nothing TBH

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

ring them up and say that you were paying only €1100 the previous year and that you want that price again or lower. If nothing, tell them you'll take your business else where.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭keno88

johnroake wrote: »
    who you with at the moment?
    you could try www.insure.ie and www.quoteme.ie

yeah tried both of them and they wouldnt quote me at all cause of the car!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭keno88

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    ring them up and say that you were paying only €1100 the previous year and that you want that price again or lower. If nothing, tell them you'll take your business else where.

was thinkin of doin that.... would they drop tho if i said i got a quote for 1000 off someone else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Celica.S

Hi I'm 20 and I've been insured on a Celica VVT-i since I was 19. When I first tried to get insured on this car no broker would give me a quote, I had 2 claims, one was my fault and insurance paid E2000 and the other one my car was vandalized and insurance paid E1500. These were both Micra's.
    As I was ringing around one of the brokers advised me that if I actually went into a broker they might be able to get me a quote and when I went in to my own insurance company, who said that they wouldn't insure me when I rang them, gave me a quote.
    So what I would advise is not to ring any insurance companys and instead go into them, ya'd get much further on quote negotiations face to face.

Advertisement