Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House prices per Sq M

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

gurramok wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out why this one is asking €6666 per sq m.
    http://www.daft.ie/1458687

"In need of modernisation", Maybe its the 'devil' in the detail :D

Why is the price of €6666 per sqm and the 22 sisters of this house at or above this price in Ringsend on Daft now, justifiable?
    now reduced from 360 to 275k or 5k per sq m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So, on it goes down to its natural level, we'll se how far it will go to that natural level :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

MG wrote: »
    I think if you look back on the thread, I introduced the Big Mac argument to back up my contention that Germany and Ireland are comparable, in a way that India and Ireland are not. There is a difference in the price of the Big Mac between Germany and Ireland (which should close according to David McWilliams) but not enough to conclude that the housing markets are fundamentally different. I would still contend that it is impossible to justify a 50% difference in house prices but simply saying "apples and oranges"
    Well this is where selective ignorance can come in to play. A pint of beer in France in a bar is more expensive than here. There is no apparent reason for it. Cars are more expensive here again there is no apparent reason. If you don't actually look at the detail you can claim there is no reason. So to argue that house prices should be the same based on burger prices without looking at the detail is just as stupid as blurting out "apples and oranges". The difference being when people say " apples and oranges" they assume a certain level of knowledge of the property market.

MG wrote: »
    Yup, which is why I felt I could draw the conclusion that Ireland and Germany are comparable but not enough to conclude that it implies a 22% difference.
    So you have some random index you personally use on top of some fun economic joke that you are using to point out how the Irish property market should be based. Using such arguments and beliefs you really can't come to any logical conclusion but I am sure you can get a feeling of always being right.
    Not saying you are wrong out right just pointing out the argument is completely ridiculous

Advertisement